Chapter 10

Have you ever just felt like your being watched from every angle? That feeling that even though you know your alone, someone somewhere is waiting to jump out and snatch you away?

Being chased by two men on ikrans from afar is one thing. But being followed by a clan of warriors, especially when a spy lies among your cohort is another.

I wasn't sure what Keilo was capable of.

I didn't really want to find out.

Lodis and Ashton laid it all out on the table for me and for once I was lost as to what to do.

"I'm not sure about this Ey'lue..." Ashton said worriedly.

Lodis sneered. "He deserves to be struck down. How dare he and is wretched clan plan to kidnap you."

"Jake and Tsu'tey were right..." I whispered.

"What's the plan?" Lodis asked seriously.

"They don't plan to strike immediately so from now on I can't be left alone with Keilo."

Ashton raised and eyebrow. "How can we be sure Kai'to isn't in on it?"

I flinched. "He wouldnt..."

But that vision of grace choking and collapsing made me weary.

Lodis narrowed his eyes distrustfully. "We will keep a eye on him for now."

When we reached camp everyone questioned us, but we let them know all was well. Saying it was just Hilary coming us from back home. They seemed to believe the lie, all except the observan Keenun and Meilai.

That night I was on high alert. Keilo had finally come back claiming to be out scouting. Ashton and I shared a knowing look but kept quiet.

The following morning we got up and I stood before everyone.

"Change of plans. Were headed to the Ikran people of the eastern sea."

Zidii's eyes widened and a uncomfortable look crossed her face as if that wasn't where she wanted to go.

Dimples tilted his head trying to understand the reason for the change.

"Why? I thought you didn't want to travel far yet?" Keilo asked in a neutral voice, but a flash of irritation in his eyes.

"I'm feeling well and I had a vision that that is where I needed to be next." I lied.

No one else questioned me as we mounted our ikrans and headed out.

"You were lieing." Keenun whispered to me.

I clenched my teeth.

"I had to."

Keenun tilted his head but didn't question further.

We flew for hours only taking one stop before continuing. Because we left at dawn it was still mid afternoon when reached our destination.

The ikran people of the eastern sea weren't like the Metkayina. They lived by the sea, but they didn't spend there time there. They only used it for fishing as they migrated along there lands.

When we made it to our destination Blizzard sqwaked out excitedly as if happy seeing the ikrans from this region.

I chuckled and patted his head. "Calm my friend you can join and play soon."

Because they didn't live in one area for long, maybe a month at best, Zidii said you have to look for signs of there flags.

The land was massive and at first I thought we would never find them, but Ziddii smiled amused and said we were close as if she sensed her people.