Chapter 8

Our last days in Tawkami were slowly coming to an end. My training had improved my skills and in one day I would go into the Ishelay, cross the stones, and perform the sacred dance.

During my last training the children paired off quickly to find them a tethered and a small girl near the back had no partner. Our teacher frowned.

"Poor child. Children can be mean. Because she has no hunters in her family line they like to leave her out."

I huffed at the absurdness and walked up to the young girl.

"Hi there..."

She blushed and bowed immediately. "Hello Great Ey'lue."

I knelt down in front of her and she gasped. "I've watched you these past couple days. Your really good at reading Auras."

Her lips twitched into a smile and she bowed once more.

"T-thank you. You learned really quick to."

I giggled. "What's your name?"

She shuffled her feet. "Yuri."

I swirled my hand and made a flower grow. She gasped and I plucked it and placed it in her hair. "Will you accept me as your tether Yuri? I seem to have no one to go with."

Her eyes widened and she nodded quickly. "Yes! Thank you. Im honored" She gasped and her eyes glossed over.

"My momma and papa will be so proud!"

I beamed. "May I eat dinner with you and your family tonight? I would be honored to meet them?"

Yuri nodded and bowed over and over. "Yes. Yes! I will tell them now. They will be so happy."

I chuckled and Yuri dashed off to spread the news to her family. Our teacher gave me a happy smile and nodded her head in Thanks.

That night I entered the great eating cavern and all eyes followed me in awe as they did every night since coming here.

Yuri shyly stood and waved her hand as if she was unsure if I had changed my mind.

I turned to my on duty warriors and told them that I would be sitting somewhere different tonight. Zidii, Sugga, and Keilo nodded and followed me to Yuri's family.

Yuri beamed at me and shyly touched the flower in her hair as she bowed. "Hello Great Ey'lue."

I giggled and gave her a side hug. Her eyes got so big I thought they would pop out the sockets. She stared up at me in complete awe.

"Please, no Great or any of that special treatment tonight. We are partners, we're to be tethered souls. Call me Lue. All my young friends back home do."

Yuri nodded with a big grin. "Okay...Lue."

Yuri's mom watched me with tears in her eyes. Her father bowed and waved a hand over the food he gathered.

"Welcome Great Ey'lue. Thank you for blessing us with your presence this evening. We traded many things to provide you a worthy meal."

I stared at the selection an beamed. "Thank you sir. I am honored to eat with you this night."

I sat down pulling young Yuri down with me. She squeaked happily and couldn't stop smiling.

I winked at her.

The entire hall seemed so quiet as if everyone was watching. Which I knew they were. I decided to tell her parents the truth and allow the entire clan to hear of it.

"Your daughter is amazing by the way. She reads auras quicker then all the other children..." I leaned forward and whispered loud enough so Yuri could here. "Even me."