"it is your destiny to rule by arthur's side."

isabella looked shocked, glancing down at merlin with a small smile, before there was a knock at the door. "princess isabella? the king would like to speak with you." a guard spoke as she huffed and stood up, wishing goodbye to gaius.

"i expressly ordered arthur not to go!" the king had yelled once isabella reached his chambers. "i'd say it worked like a charm, too." she spoke with a small teasing smile.

"not another word!" he pointed. "my lips are sealed." she pretended to zip her lips and throw away the key as he sighed, rubbing his hands over his face. "i should've put him under lock and key."

"my lord, you can't chain him up every time he disagrees with you." she sighed, breaking the 'my lips are sealed' promise. "just you watch me!" the king snapped.

"he's a boy, an arrogant but courageous one at that. he's going to disobey you at some point it's what they do." she pushed her hair over her shoulders as he shook his head and paced the room.

"i will not be disobeyed, especially by my own son!" he exclaimed as she rolled her eyes subtly, "of course not, your highness." she spoke as she sat down at his desk.

uther turned around to look at her as his eyes filled with realisation. he walked closer and placed his hands on the desk with a raised brow as she looked away. "you knew about this, didn't you?"

when she didn't reply he tilted his head, "isabella?" he pressed as she looked up at him. "don't lie to me." he spoke sternly, "i didn't say anything." she defended.

"arthur is old enough to make decisions for himself, no?" she frowned and uther shook his head. "he's just a boy." he whispered.

"listen, it isn't my fault the sword was in my hand one moment and the next i was handing it to him. you have to let him make his own mind up now." she spoke softly and he stood up straighter. "even if it means letting him go to his death?"

isabella looked up at the king and looked slightly nervous. "he will come back. trust me on this one, my lord." she curtsied, knowing somehow merlin would be able to save him since she heard the incantations, and then left the kings chambers.

it was no secret princess isabella was nervous for the prince's safety, she cared deeply for him, but she had faith he would always come back to her. and like she told morgana, estella and gwen the day of the tournament, faith beats hope.

ESTELLA CAME back to gaius's chambers with gwen behind her as isabella stood up. "did you find her?" gaius asked.

gwen shook her head. "no one has seen her since the banquet." estella confirmed as gaius sighed. "who is she, gaius?" gwen asked.

"not who she claims to be." gaius spoke slowly as isabella sat back down. "but you know, don't you?" gwen asked.

"kara. though i'm guessing that's not her name—not her real name anyway." isabella told her as gaius nodded. "then who is she?" estella asked, looking over at merlin in worry.

"a powerful sorceress." gaius revealed as they all raised their brows. "well then we should tell uther? maybe he could send riders out after her?" gwen said with a nod.