HONSIM; why can't you be alive

originally written on; may 2, 2022
au; street sculptors

———

edmond honda is a sculptor from kapukon yu, japan. he is a very talented sculptor artist, who is karin kanzuki's favorite student. she is a teacher of the sculpting classes. honda works in the class to help out his father and do the best that he can. he retires from sumo wrestling, but still has his passion for it, he isn't motivated about it. now, he needs a job to help out his father's health and afford to pay his taxes to keep living in his bathhouse.

edmond honda has a task from karin, and he is just almost finishing his sculpture of a man. he needs to focus more on fixing lots of mistakes for his project that all sculptors must do. but he was very tired after all this time. usually, making a sculpture takes lots of time, maybe like a year. it took like six days ago for him to finish the sculpture of the man. the model that honda sculpted was named dhalsim. according to kanzuki, he is one of the seven yoga masters from india who breathes fire from agni the god of fire. dhalsim is edmond's model.

but dhalsim is just a myth. maybe he's just a story. but the sculptor liked the stories of the yoga master himself. could dhalsim be real? is he really real? honda could read so many stories of the fire-breathing man, he could even study the faces when sculpting dhalsim, and it was so perfect that even chun-li and sakura were so proud of seeing edmond's project.

but in the mythology stories of dhalsim, in that very last story, they say that the mysterious yoga master had a good life and passed away mysteriously from something. but how? dhalsim is one of the best heroes, but how old is he from the myth itself? suddenly, the thought of the yoga master's death caught onto edmond's mind. reading the story again and again while sculpting the model made him really sad.

could it be him catching a feeling over the handsome face of dhalsim as his model? could it be the fact that he's finishing the sculpture that took six days ago? like, a week ago? the sculptor sniffled as he then continued the finishing touches on sculpting the yoga master.

— "i always wonder if you're real." the sculptor said while concentrating on his work. finally, he finished working. he did the task that karin has asked for. he whipped his sweats off, looking at the statue. the statue must've been the most beautiful thing that he has ever sculpted. it was perfect enough for karin's collection for the people to see in the kanzuki estate.

— "now i must bring this to karin's office and i can finally go home.." he said as he took his deep breaths. getting his sweats off, he heard the door open from karin kanzuki. he turned his head around to her, walking towards him.

— "why hello there, edmond!" the teacher said with a smile. "i suppose that your project is finished!"

— "yep, it's all done." the sculptor said as he looked at his sculpture.

— "wonderful! time and effort is always the perfect thing in making sculptures. you have done excellent work on dhalsim." karin smiled when looking closely at the sculpture of the yoga master. "i bet you love reading his mythical stories when you first sculpted him."

— "i do!" edmond replied, smiling and blushing. "i always wonder if he's really handsome in person."

— "sometimes, some people tend to have a crush on someone who isn't even real. but i don't know.. maybe your friend has lots of things to know about her future timeline." karin was referring to her words about kaihi & the future timeline. the girl does know lots about the future.

but silence started once when karin looked more into the sculpture. she checked the details, the poses, the sketches that edmond honda drew for his model, and that was it. but the sculptor himself looked into the statue, stopped smiling, now into sadness. he keeps wondering if dhalsim really was real. maybe he can be with him together. but it's all onto his head.

— "you did excellent work! once the bodyguards help out on taking the sculpture, voilà! it'll be the greatest work for the ballroom of kanzuki estate!" karin said as she then walks towards the door of edmond's workroom, exiting it. "see you in a few minutes!"

the sculptor walked towards the statue, carefully putting his hands on the cheeks of the model. he looked so upset, as he blushes and tears up. he wished that dhalsim was real. he wished to be with him. he wished that the yoga master never died in the myths. poor honda, crying over a character that is dead.

— "why can't you be alive..?" edmond honda cries as he went closer to the statue, carefully to avoid the model breaking. he started crying in silence, feeling nothing but loneliness.

the perfect presentation in kanzuki estate must start in a few hours tonight. he decided that it was best to keep his clothes and clean his hands unless karin gives him a very fancy suit.