HONSIM; nightmares don't come true

originally written on; october 27, 2022the setting takes place in street fighter vi

———

sometimes, dhalsim would often have nightmares about losing edmond honda from his death. sometimes he would even have nightmares of honda breaking his heart. but the sumo wrestler assured that he would never break dhalsim's heart or ever die yet. honda made sure to make dhalsim the happiest husband and father that the small family would ever have. fathers and mothers being proud of their sons' pride and love for each other is the best thing that dhalsim and honda could ever have. they're the proudest street fighters the world knows.

well, one night, edmond honda was sleeping in peace with dhalsim in his arms. everything seemed to be fine for his slumber. but he seemed to be sweating as usual. it's normal for him to sleep naked while cuddling with the yoga master, but this time it seems to be different that isn't sleeping without clothes. his eyes squinted as the sumo wrestler mumbled.

...

dhalsim was incredibly hurt by a man known as JP. apparently, the psycho power meant no match for the yoga master, and his body felt burning in pain. not even from ashes. the last thing dhalsim did was grumble in pain before edmond honda held him close, tearing up his eyes. the russian villain laughed mercilessly.

— "this old man is no match for me." JP spoke as he smirked devilishly. "it's too late to save your precious husband!"

— "d-dhalsim-kun." the sumo wrestler trembled with tears running into his eyes. "wake up, dhalsim."

dhalsim couldn't answer anything.

— "goddammit, dhalsim! open your eyes!!" honda shouted as he shakes dhalsim like he used to do it before. it was like when dhalsim gave up the fight with honda from the power emanating from akuma.

the sumo wrestler checked on the yoga master's pulse with his ears. he heard nothing. his heart immediately stopped beating when JP knocked him out. what's worse is that honda realized that dhalsim stopped breathing before the sumo wrestler held him close...

dhalsim's dead. all that honda can do is scream and wail into his husband's name.

— "dhalsim!!"

JP laughed menacingly once again.

SNAP!!

— "dhalsim!!" the sumo wrestler woke up, panting at every breath he could. he had a nightmare of dhalsim literally dying from the battle against JP, and all that the sumo wrestler could do is either try to sleep again or leave the bed to wash his face. he felt the urge to cry with tears running down his face. he tried not to let it get to him, but suddenly it was scary.

the sumo wrestler started to cry.

it woke dhalsim up, and he rubs his eyes. "darling...?" he heard the sobbing of his husband and turns on the lamp to check up on him. dhalsim felt heartbroken when his husband cries, so he decided to give honda a big hug. "oh darling..." dhalsim hushed softly into the sumo wrestler's ears.

the sumo wrestler turned his head around and saw dhalsim again. he had no choice but to squeeze his husband's body to make sure he was okay. "oh dhalsim-kun!" honda cried. "it was horrible!"

— "shh... i'm here, darling." dhalsim whispered.

— "you were dead and there was this man who hurt you with some sort of power!!" the sumo wrestler sniffed. "it was some guy named JP, and i was too late to save you!"

— "don't worry, darling.." the yoga master patted honda's shoulders. "the nightmare is gone and i'm still here to be by your side."

honda smiled as he let go of dhalsim, whipping his tears off. "sorry for squeezing you too hard, i needed a big hug."

— "never say sorry, darling. i literally love your hugs!" dhalsim smiled as he looked at honda.

— "you're right." honda chuckled as he felt a little better now.

— "plus.." the yoga master spoke as he gets closer to him, whipping the tears off his cheeks. "i promise you that i'll keep you safe, my edmond honda."

— "and i'll always keep my promise to stay with you, dhalsim-kun."