HONSIM; a promise in the wrong time

originally written; june 17, 2022
this prompt takes place in the live action "street fighter the movie"

———

being in love with someone who has worked in shadaloo is the worst thing edmond honda has ever done in his life. but if dhalsim did nothing to blanka's transformation, then that is evil. whenever honda thinks about everything that dhalsim did to blanka, he realized that love will never last forever. although he will never forget the love he and dhalsim had, with beautiful lovemaking sex. dhalsim still loves honda. he still has in his entire life, even after the day they broke up. he didn't like working for bison as a scientist, however it was the only thing that he could do. if there was only one thing to change the past, it would be the day of blanka's transformation.

but there was only one promise for both of them. ever since they saw each other's eyes once again, they promised one thing. if shadaloo is down for good, they'll get one more chance to be together and that dhalsim will change for good... well, in honda's perspective. but he accepted it anyway because there were still feelings for the glimpse of dhalsim's beauty. you hoped that it would work.. right? remember what dhalsim said to guile when blanka decided to stay inside of shadaloo's last breath. "if good men do nothing, that is evil enough."

— "edmond." guile reached out to the former sumo wrestler. "i need to tell you something."

the former sumo wrestler turned his head to the colonel. "is it about dhalsim?" he asked. "where is he? where can i look for him?"

— "about that..." guile sighed. he wishes that he wouldn't say that to the sumo wrestler. he really didn't want to make the sumo wrestler feel heartbroken. "dhalsim told me that he loves you so much."

honda didn't understand why guile would say that. he got confused about that part. "what do you mean?"

— "dhalsim..." guile wished that he never had the guts to break the sumo wrestler's heart. "he couldn't make it."

the comrades didn't say anything. not even chun-li or zangief said a single word. they don't know what's happening to edmond's situation. only balrog knows about that situation because he is the sumo wrestler's ally. edmond honda's eyes become watery, and he doesn't know what to act.

— "what...?" everything went silent.

— "dude, that's like... really bad." balrog spoke up. if honda breaks down sobbing, then it's up for the former boxer to comfort.

— "i'm so sorry to break it up to you, edmond..." the colonel paused. "but dhalsim.. he's dead."

— "no, no, no..!" the sumo wrestler sniffled. "it can't be true, guile. tell me if it isn't-" he paused, starting to cry.

— "dude, i am so sorry.." balrog said.

— "dhalsim!" edmond screamed at the top of his lungs. he lost someone who he truly loved. he would never forgive himself for breaking up with an amazing person like him. "dhalsim-kun!!"

guile wished he wouldn't have said it. looking at the sumo wrestler's sorrows made the colonel feel super bad for him. it wasn't his fault for leaving dhalsim and blanka behind. he wishes there was a way to bring both of them back.

— "dhalsim!! no!!"