HONSIM; linger

originally written on; may 17, 2022the setting takes place in street fighter ii

———

the last thing edmond honda heard was dhalsim crying in pain. no one else was screeching with the yoga master when the sumo wrestler was dying. he was losing lots of blood from vega's cuts in the back. the cuts were so painful, that honda could even remember every slice that vega would cut with his long claws would cut from. it was all that honda's scars came from, until they disappear. it was all vega's fault for killing edmond honda, dhalsim thought.

you know, the fight from shadaloo was a failure, and so was saving honda from his blood loss. even if honda is losing blood, you never thought of him having a miracle. maybe the yoga master can help out healing every scratch that vega has caused. it was all that dhalsim ever wanted to do. healing his boyfriend before it was too late. is dhalsim too late to save & heal edmond's life?

two hours later.
the music was on, the lights are on, the sumo wrestling match is on live stream on the television, and it was all silent. looking at honda's face, now cleaned up from his blood, dhalsim hopes his boyfriend will survive the blood loss from vega. somehow, maybe saving edmond was the right thing the master of yoga has done.

with sadness on his face, the master of yoga turned his head onto honda.

— "darling." dhalsim said while grabbing edmond's hands softly. he breathed in and out, still having his hopes on edmond opening his eyes, listening to dhalsim's voice again. "i wish i could've protected you. i am so sorry that i couldn't save you from vega's action."

dhalsim was listening to the playlist & the television, hoping that edmond would listen to it. he has no idea how much-left honda has to live again. dhalsim has prayed so much, that he can't even leave honda alone or say that he loves honda eternally. his eyes are now watery from the tears.

— "i decided to put on the sumo wrestling match in case so. i'm assuming that you're missing out according to your calendar." dhalsim tried to hold back tears, but looking at edmond honda in his coma, has made him cry, breathing in and out, desperate for honda to live. the sumo wrestler can't die just yet.

— "please, honda! wake up!" the master of yoga rests his head on honda's body, sniffling & crying again. "stay with me, edmond honda! please!" the yoga master cried more tears down the sumo wrestler's body. he was so desperate and impatient. the volume of the television was so loud & the playlist was now playing dhalsim & edmond's songs.

dhalsim kept crying but now he breathed in and out again. his sobbing went quiet very slowly. he failed to protect honda from vega's harm. he thought it was all his own fault. he wished that he could do better to make honda safe. while the yoga master was sobbing quietly, something might brighten up dhalsim's mood...

— "sim...?"

dhalsim opened his eyes, turning his head onto honda's face. "darling?" he went a little closer to honda's face, still tearing up from what vega had done to his boyfriend. "speak to me, darling!" he said as he looked onto honda's eyes.

— "sim..." honda said while squeezing his eyes, and opening them. he squeezed dhalsim's hand one time only, turning his face slowly to the master of yoga. the yoga master smiled, sobbing more, getting closer to honda's face.

— "darling!" he breathed faster, whipping his tears away. "you kept our promise!" he's still crying uncontrollably, happy to see honda waking up slowly. sometimes, promises will be kept, but not all promises will always be kept from these two. "you were dead, or just resting in. i don't know what would i do if you have died!"

— "i told you that i'll try to stay a little longer.." the sumo wrestler smiled, squeezing his boyfriend's hands again. he chuckled softly, breathing properly. the two of them gave each other a big hug, that dhalsim didn't want to let go on.

— "i love you, edmond." dhalsim let more tears run down his cheeks, crying to let it all out. "i always have, darling."

— "i love you too, sim." the sumo wrestler replied, smiling again. dhalsim kept sobbing his eyes out, wanting to ensure that he would always protect the sumo wrestler at all costs.