HONSIM; the windows to the souls

originally written; march 15, 2022

au; super school fighters ii

———

open those gates of the high school, and everyone has entered. even everyone from capcom can join up, although it should be a high school for only street fighter. does that mess up? maybe not, after all, it's a new semester with all of the fighters. good thing that dhalsim has made two new friends in a short time. everyone can get along nicely and make themselves a friend. although everyone must be careful on how toxic they are. but dhalsim will be wise on it next time.

dhalsim, with two of his current companies; dee jay & zangief were walking to the hallways of the lockers. they were chit chatting since it's just the first semester to talk with, well.. since the three of them are new as well. their backs are now free thanks to their new lockers. they were full of notebooks, and if one of the students get homework or a test, then they must bring their notebooks for the respective class.

— "so what do you do during your free time?" zangief asked in curiosity. everyone knows that friends must ask questions to talk about a certain topic to talk about. it's what everyone does.

— "mostly listen to music through the radio. i even go to dance classes since i also like grooving the rhythm." deejay replied.

— "what's yours dhalsim?"

the stretchy man became silent. he really doesn't know if his answer is alright. but he gave it a try.

— "i am a yoga master, so i meditate most of the time." he replied.

"but in what i do, i am not sure if being a perfect son is what i really wanted to do." his mind was clouded in sadness. his world was only black and white because of his perfect little family. he couldn't say that to his new friends because for now, no one would believe his help.

— "that's boring." the strong russian man replied. "is there anything else that you can do other than do yoga?"

— "i play the piano."

— "hey! maybe you can teach us how to play one! we can make thousands of songs or something, eh?" deejay asked with excitement. he was so happy that being friends with dhalsim and zangief has got to be the best thing ever.

dhalsim wasn't concentrating on the conversation. he was just looking at the lockers, watching everyone close their new lockers. since dhalsim does have a new locker, he's not sure where to find one, until he sees a man in his own locker.

the man is a japanese sumo wrestler, with black hair in a chonmage. he was so sad, that he whipped his tears off. it was only the first day of school for the man, and leaving his close family must've been very hard for him. he tried to stay calm, and not make a mess for himself. the sumo wrestler closed his locker. he was the rikishi we all know. he looked the yoga master in the eyes, who dhalsim was still looking at the sumo wrestler.

"oh shit!" he thought. he now realized that the sumo wrestler is looking back into his eyes. is that a staring contest, or is the yoga master's cheeks slowly turning red. dhalsim because shy now, as soon as dee jay & zangief noticed dhalsim's cheeks turning red.

— "hello~?" deejay waved his hands to block out the yoga master's view. "back to earth, my dude?"

zangief & deejay noticed that dhalsim is staring at the sumo wrestler's eyes. so is the sumo wrestler's eyes staring at dhalsim's eyes.

— "love at first sight? you're one lucky man in this first semester." zangief replied, bumping dhalsim playfully. dhalsim then shook his head trying to calm down.

— "you should start talking with him if you don't wanna miss him out!" dee jay comes a little closer onto dhalsim's shoulders. "i think he likes you!"

— "well,, i'm not sure." dhalsim replied, covering his face. the two men know what to do to make dhalsim interact with his new love at first sight. the two men pushed dhalsim forward, in a playful way, to start talking with the sumo wrestler.

— "don't be a coward and start talking to him!!" zangief said with a smile.

— "have fun!!" deejay said as he & zangief both ran away.

dhalsim had no idea why zangief and deejay had to do it. maybe it's worth a try, and dhalsim does need more friends. the sumo wrestler & the yoga master just looked again. it was kind of awkward.

the black haired man looked at dhalsim again, his cheeks turned a little bit more red, and looked at him softly. dhalsim kept on covering his head with his hands. it was super awkward for dhalsim.

— "hey. i heard you're new." dhalsim then finally started speaking to the man.

— "i also heard that you're new as well."

the sumo wrestler & the stretchy man giggled. i mean, everyone is new to high school. but sagat, ryu, ken, and some of them more, they're not new. they had many old classmates.

— "s-sorry if i made eye contact with your eye? believe me, i never had irises."

the sumo wrestler giggled with a smile. he had never been smiling for the first time from a stranger. dhalsim then touched the back of his neck, smiling away as he blushed.

— "don't worry, i was the one who started it." the sumo wrestler replied.

well, maybe both of them started to stare at each other. it's just a start of their own conversation, thanks to dhalsim's new friends.

— "well, since the conversation was getting awkward." dhalsim then shook his head to get out of the thoughts about the man's pretty face. "what's your name?" he asked.

— "edmond honda! but call me either e. honda, or just honda!" honda replied. "what's your name?"

— "dhalsim. delightful to meet you!"

— "it's nice to meet you too, dhalsim!" he said as he & dhalsim had now shaken their hands. "where are you from?" he asked.

— "i live in a village in my homeland, india."

— "i'm from japan, just like ryu's. believe me, i live in a bathhouse sento there!"

— "you live in a bathhouse?!" dhalsim was very surprised. honda living in a bathhouse is the coolest thing he heard.

— "yes! but my daddy lives in an apartment, so i often visit there when my bathhouse is closed."

the school bells started ringing, it's finally time for their first class. dhalsim was so happy that he's just met another person, but it was his crush? it's crazy for the yoga master to just have love at first sight, but edmond honda, it's surprising as well.

— "i believe that we have the first hour. care to accompany me to the classroom?" dhalsim asked.

— "i heard that we are now in the same group class!" e honda said. "so that means that we're classmates!"

— "that's crazy, honda!" he said. "is that a yes?"

— "yes!" the sumo wrestler replied with a smile while he blushed lightly. "i can't wait to become classmates with you!"

— "i can't wait for that too!" dhalsim replied, now getting completely shy as he kept blushing. is this how dhalsim's day started? it was the best day that the master of yoga could ever live for. edmond honda has been feeling better because of how nice dhalsim really is.

— "so.." the sumo wrestler said, scratching the back of his hair softly. "want to become friends?"

dhalsim looked away, smiling. but to clear up his whole kind of honda's beauty, he shook his head to clear it up. he then smiled softly onto honda's eyes. "sure, let's be friends."

— "wonderful!" honda said. "now, onto the first class?"

— "yeah, we're almost late to get there." the yoga master replied, as the both of them exited the locker room, walking together for their first class.