35: Meanwhile at Camp Jaha

It was chaos. They found Jaha's body, Murphy was nowhere to be found and now Anya and Indra came to Kane, looking deeply worried. "Have you seen Heda and Clarke?" Indra asked, not wasting time with a greeting. Kane looked confused, "Aren't they at the meeting?" Anya just scoffed, "Obviously they're not. Clarke left to get some fresh air. When Heda realised, that Quint was gone as well, she went after Clarke to make sure nothing bad happened to her. But they didn't come back. The only thing left is blood and parts of a torn apart body."

"And if they are not here, the Pauna probably got them," Indra added.

Still confused Kane asked, "What is a 'pona'?"

"A giant bloodthirsty monster," Indra explained, "It kills our people since forever. And it has gotten some of our best warriors already."

"Some say, Pauna lives forever, because it can't be killed," Anya added. But Indra could just roll her eyes at this superstition.
"Sorry, but I can't help you right now. We kinda have to deal with our own corpse," Kane said.

Indra and Anya left again and Kane got back to calming down the crowed and assigning people to investigate the death.
Hours later Kane had sent out a team to investigate the crime scene, stored Jaha's body and calmed the crowed down enough for them to not do anything stupid. But it was harder than expected since Abby was needed at medical, Clarke was gone and Bellamy was off to get into the mountain. Ruling alone was hard.

When he finally could sit down he closed his eyes and sighed. But his peace didn't last for long as Anya approached him. "I wanted to update you on Clarke and Lexa. All guards are out searching the woods and Indra left to TonDC since it's closer to the Pauna's hunting grounds. I am here in case they return. We currently can't do more." But even though Anya tried for a stoic expression, Kane saw the worry in her face. "Thank you. I better go tell Abby," Kane sighed again and got up to tell Clarke's mother.

Anya was left in the chancellors room standing there a little lost. So she decided to go to the one person she really knew here. So she went to search Raven.

When Kane reached medical, Abby was busy with a patient, but after a few minutes she went over to Kane. "What is it, Marcus?"

"It's about Clarke. But I don't think, we should discuss it here," Kane said quietly. Abby looked worried and immediately took Kane to her 'office'. The most secluded space she had here.

Immediately she asked, "What happened, Marcus? Is Clarke okay?"

"Clarke and Heda are nowhere to be found. Right now Heda's guards are searching form them and Clarke will probably be okay. Clarke is strong and she has the leader of all grounders with her," Kane stopped for a second. He was not comfortable bringing Clarke's mother this news.

"But...?" Abby got more and more worried. "Tell me what happened to my daughter!"

"There have been signs of an attack," Kane continued, "Anya and Indra said, they know the monster and they seemed  worried about them."

"I need to go search for my daughter!" Abby exclaimed and hurried out of the room. Kane hurried after her and after a few steps he caught up to her and took her arm, "Abby, you can't just get out there. You don't know the woods at all. You can't help your daughter right now. You have to trust that she can take care of herself and that the guards will find her."

"But I need to do something. I can't just leave her behind. Not again." Abby started to cry.

Kane just pulled Abby into a tight hug. He patted her back and whispered, "Hey, she'll be okay. I know, you worry. But your daughter is stronger than you give her credit for."