31: Funeral Preperations

The group entered Camp Jaha through the main gate. There were people standing around, but they didn't bother the group. When Bellamy entered Camp Jaha with Octavia, he immediately shouted for Abby and brought her to medical. Clarke understood why he was so worried. You can't see, what injuries Octavia might have internally, but she knew, that Octavia was strong. She didn't need Bellamy to fawn over her, but she clearly didn't have the energy to tell him off and she could use his help. So she let him be the concerned brother for the moment.

While Bellamy and Octavia headed to medical, the others went to the chancellor's room, where Raven, Sinclair and Kane were. When Clarke entered the room, Sinclair and Raven were chatting and Kane sat at his desk. But when he heard Clarke and the others enter, he looked up and closed a file on his computer.

"I'm glad you're back. And you found Octavia?" he greeted them.

"We did," Clarke answered, "but Bellamy just brought her to my mother."

"Did she hurt herself out there?" Kane looked worried and now Raven and Sinclair were listening, too.

Indra just snorted and Lexa shot her a death stare. All eyes turned to them, but it was Clarke that answered, "No, but Octavia tried to attack Indra. You can guess how that went. But don't worry," she quickly added, "Octavia's tough. She'll be fine."

With that the topic was closed and the group dispersed. Lexa, Indra and Gustus left to go to their camp outside the gates and Raven and Octavia went to gather The 100 to arrange Finn's funeral.

Raven still wasn't over his death and it still pained her. But she just grabbed her staff tighter and followed Clarke as fast as she could.

A while later everyone gathered in medical, so Octavia could be there and started to plan what to do. They quickly decided to bury Finn near the others of the 100, but the rest was harder to decide on. Raven suggested a gravestone, but other's didn't like this idea, because nobody so far got a marked grave, but eventually the idea was accepted. What they wouldn't do were speeches, but Clarke decided, to get closure, they would keep one old earth tradition in a way. They would bury him all together to get closure.

And so the burial was organised and one or two hours after noon a group of people left to dig the grave while the others spread the word about the funeral.

On her way to Anya, Indra passed Raven. 'Where does she want to go?' Raven wondered, but she didn't investigate further. She wanted to ask Anya to help her with the grave stone. And she was in luck. Anya told her, that there was a stonemason in TonDC. The next time she went there, she would ask her to visit Raven in Camp Jaha.

Meanwhile Indra visited Octavia in medical.

Octavia sat on her bed with a pained expression. She felt every single bruise on her body. Luckily no ribs - or other bones - were broken, just one bruised rib and a lot of black spots.

When Indra entered, she looked up and when she recognised her, her eyes wandered to the floor again.
Indra was the first to speak, "You fight like a child."

"Oh, thanks, I know. I got my ass handed to me, don't remind me," Octavia's hoarse voice seeped of sarcasm.
But Indra didn't look impressed. "But you have the spirit of a warrior. You don't give up. Ever. And even though you fight all emotions, all anger and no tactics, you have a lot of potential. Potential that could be shaped and directed. With the help of a teacher."

Octavia looked intrigued, but waited for Indra to continue.

"I'd like you to be my second. I would teach you how to fight like us, speak our language, control yourself," Indra offered.
For the fraction of a second Octavia was stunned, but then she regained her composure and asked, "Why? What do you get out of that?"

"First lesson, never question me. Now, what do you say?" Indra blocked.

"Yes." Octavia did't have to say more. That simple word was enough for Indra. She stood up and left. Before she went through the door, however, she turned again and added, "Your training will start tomorrow. Today you will rest and mourn the boy. If you're not up by sunrise, I will come and wake you." And with that Indra left and left a speechless Octavia back. She couldn't believe that Indra of all people was impressed with her. And now she would be more Trikru than ever. She wanted to learn how to be a warrior, but she also felt closer to Linkon that way. She grew more and more to be a part of the Clan Linkon was a part of. And while Indra's confidence in her made her proud, her heart also ached for the man she lost. The love of her life, who got taken. And that was the moment she silently promised his soul, that she would avenge the injustice of the mountain. And if it killed her, if it destroyed her, it didn't matter. She wouldn't ever break this promise.