28: Rude awakening

Clarke was awakened by Bellamy barging into her room and screaming, "O and Raven are gone! And I swear this grounder bitch has something to do with it. I'm gonne kill her. Where is the commander?"

Immediately Clarke was awake, got out of bed and walked over to Bellamy. "Hey, Bell. Calm down, what happened?"

"I told you," Bellamy screamed furiously, "this grounder kidnapped my sister and Raven!"

"What did you see exactly?" Clarke asked impatiently.

"When I woke up, all three were gone." After a short pause he added, "But I found Raven's cane on the floor."

"Okay. Don't worry, we'll find them. Where have you looked for them?" Clarke demanded to know.

"Ehm," Bellamy looked sheepishly to the ground now, "nowhere. I kinda just came here."

"Then you check outside of the Ark for them and I will check the rooms here. Maybe they just went outside and Octavia helped Raven walk without the cane," Clarke tried to calm Bellamy down. He just nodded and left.

After the door closed behind him, Clarke sighed. She quickly got dressed and headed out to find the three women. She should have known, that Raven and Octavia would cause drama, especially with Anya there.

A few doors down from hers Clarke knocked on Lexa's door and entered without waiting for an answer. It was too urgent. "Hey, Lexa..." she started, but the words got trapped in her throat. Lexa sat at the desk in her room and had her shirt lifted. It revealed the most gorgeous abs Clarke had ever seen. For a few seconds she could do nothing else than stare.

"Good morning, Clarke. I believe you enter a room after being invited in, not after knocking. To what do I owe this visit," Lexa greeted as if Clarke's present didn't bother her and finished cleaning a small wound.
Clarke got snapped out of her daze and looked back up in Lexa's face and then to the wound.

"You, you... have black blood! How is that possible?" Clarke voiced, already forgotten was why she came here.
But Lexa reminded her, "I always had black blood, I'm the commander. But I believe you had a different reason for barging into my room."

"Oh, yes," Clarke took her eyes off of the wound and looked into Lexa's forest green eyes, faltered for a second and then continued, "Raven, Octavia and Anya are missing. I'm searching for them and wanted to ask for you help."

Before Clarke had ended her sentence, Lexa had rolled down her shirt and was now putting her armour on. A minute later, Clarke and Lexa walked down the floors of the Ark, but they found nothing.

Bellamy on the other hand had managed to attract a crowed. He ran around like a headless chicken and screamed for Octavia and Raven. Finally Kane joined the bystanders to see what the commotion was all about.

"Hey, Bellamy!" he tried to get the attention of the young boy, "Bellamy!" Bellamy's head shot up. "What is the problem?" Kane asked.

"O and Raven are gone and this grounder with them," Bellamy explained and then started running around and shouting again. Maybe a minute later, Lexa and Clarke stepped out of the Ark, Lexa's face was impassive while Clarke just rolled her eyes seeing Bellamy. Kane spotted them and walked over to them to ask them what was going on.

"Bellamy barged into my room this morning, telling me Anya, Raven and Octavia are gone," Clarke explained, "We searched the Ark and he wanted to look here. But they weren't in the Ark and apparently there not here. That means, they left camp. So we should send out search troops."

"I'll take care of that. But they couldn't have left through the main gate unnoticed," Kane informed them.

"Maybe they left through the fence like we did before," Clarke suggested.

"We could try to track them from there. I know how to follow a trail," Lexa then offered. Kane and Clarke agreed, so Clarke and Lexa set of to find them while Kane would sent out search parties in a few minutes.

"They probably left through there." Clarke loosened the plate in the fence and Lexa followed her out of Camp Jaha. Immediately Lexa scanned the surroundings and started following clues Clarke didn't even see.

"So, what does the black blood have to do with being the commander?" Clarke tried to find out.
"Our first commander was Bekka Pramheda. She had black blood and so have her descendants. Only nightbloods can possess the flame. There have been redbloods trying to claim the flame, but it killed them all immediately. Only Natblidas, the nightbloods, descendants of Bekka Pramheda are worthy and strong enough to bear the flame. We are born with it and later trained in Polis, the capital, to be the commander, so when the last commander dies, the next one will ascend."

Clarke nodded and before she could dig deeper, Lexa held up her hand to shush her. So Clarke made a mental note to ask about the commander stuff later.

Lexa moved closer to something and a few steps in Clarke could here what Lexa was moving towards.
It was voices. Two people if Clarke was correct. And they were bantering about something. Another couple of steps closer, Clarke finally realised who was talking. It was Raven and Anya. They had found them. When a clearing came into view Lexa straightened her posture and marched straight ahead. Clarke following only two steps behind her. Now they could see Raven and Anya, but they didn't notice Clarke and the very unhappy Lexa right away. Clarke noticed though, that Octavia wasn't there and that gave her joy of finding the two women a small damper.

Lexa however didn't seem to care, she marched right up to Anya...