23: Peace talk

After the commotion the meeting continued. Now they had to discuss a truce. And after they discussed trade and everything, only one question remained. Would Skaikru join the fight against the Maunon.

"You have to understand, that most of our people are no warriors. And we cannot send civilians to war," Kane set the fundament of the discussion.

"The guard will be able to fight though," Byrne, a blonde woman, currently major in the guard and a new member of the council. Clarke recognised her from her short stay in Camp Jaha. "They are trained with the guns and know how to fight," David Miller, a Sergeant of the guard, supported this idea. "However, not all of the guard should be trusted with a gun. We'll have to see who remains after the revision," Kane reminded them. Lexa appreciated the idea of the guard being better controlled. As of right now, many were far to fond of shooting everything that moved. However she was worried, that not enough people would remain to fight.

We also should consider if they are mentally fit and willing to go to war. We shouldn't force them." That was the voice of reason speaking. Dr. Corbin Lahiri was one of three shrinks the Ark had.

After this comment Indra couldn't hold herself anymore, "We all fight. It is weak not to fight. Cowardly. Despite, it's also your people inside this mountain."

"This is why we will help you in this fight," Kane tried once again to ease the tension between the two fronts.

"Some of the 100 will want to fight, too. Including myself." Clarke declared.

"Definitely not!" The councilwoman next to Sgt. Miller exclaimed. "You all are way to young to fight."

But Clarke wouldn't take this crap. She retorted, "We were old enough to die. So we are old enough to fight, if we want to. You lost the right to decide for us when you sent us down here."

The councilwoman just scoffed and looked at Kane expectantly. "You can't possibly approve of that," she fretted.

But Kane contested, "I think, they had to fight so much already because of us. I don't think, we can deny them. What do you think Dr. Lahiri?"

He concurred, "By sending them down here, we made them to fighters. And it's their people in the mountain. They can all handle a gun. If they want to fight, they should be allowed."

"They're children," she weekly argued.

"No, we were forced to grow up before our time. You can't stop us from fighting," Clarke ended the argument. She would fight alongside the Grounders to free her people. After all she was responsible for them. She was their leader.

It seemed to be decided. The willing and trained people would fight. But the discussion wasn't over.

"Besides the fighters, you said, you need people that know the mountain's tech. I volunteer to help with that and you should ask Raven Rayes and Kyle Wick for help. They are mechanic and engineer, and Raven is more or less an all-rounder. If someone can help you, it's us. But we're all no warriors and Raven is still hindered by her leg. So we will need warriors by our side to protect us."

"That can be arranged," Lexa assured him and looked at Anya and Indra.

Anya concluded, "Since you will be vital to our mission, you should get the best protection we can give you. We will make sure, you are protected during the mission."

Sinclair nodded thanks and then turned to Kane, "Should we ask Raven and Wick now? We could let them bring here."

Kane nodded and Byrne went to get the engineer and the mechanic.

It took them a while to arrive. Raven didn't use a cane anymore, but that made her slow, just relaying on the brace to support her. "You wanted to speak with us, chancellor?" she asked when they entered.

"Yes. We have a truce with the grounders now and we will join their fight against Mt. Weather to free our people. But we could use your help," Kane divulged.

"We can't fight," Wick expressed his concerns.

"You will not fight. But the Mountain has technology like we do and if someone can overcome their security, it's us three," Sinclair explained the plan.

Raven and Wick trusted Sinclair's judgement and agreed. Then they were led to the waiting room to Octavia and Bellamy and Kane began to speak again after the door closed, "Now we just have to decide what happens to Jaha and his comrades. For that only the council needs to be present. Except if you want to make a decision with us, Heda?"

"No need to. He is your prisoner now. But beware, he can be dangerous. He is a man that would attack a helpless girl to save his own skin. And selfishness is never a good advisor."

With that Lexa left with the others and Clarke followed as well. She had nothing to do with the council. They entered the waiting room just as Raven was asking, "Why wasn't Finn with you when you returned? Murphy was there, but where is Finn?"