Chapter 26

The three kings hear it in the air and their heads fly up. A scream. Their eyes freeze on the bare naked body flying above them. The white skin flickering under the sun and splotches of blood can be seen from their point of view. Their hearts are quicker than their eyes and fear pumps through their system. They know that body is the queen. The scent of blood falls on them and their pace quicken through the snow. the queen is bleeding and if not treated, can get infected and she can die. Not on their watch.

"Curse the snow!" Caius growls as he falls into another hole. He waddles chest-deep till he climbs out. His clothes are cold but he doesn't shiver. His mind filled with worry for Morgana. It has been twenty-four hours already and he fears how long her body can last in this cold climate.

"We will make it," Aro assures his brothers. His dead heart tightened with the worry in his cold veins. Morgana better is safe or in the weather's case, alive. He knows fully well how fast hypothermia can set in with humans. He is glad Morgana is not a normal human but still, she can die in the cold weather. 

"Who would bring her here?" Demetri asks behind the kings.

"Hopefully you will find their scent and kill them once we get to Morgana," Marcus says glaring at the snow and slowing their pace. when it is time to rush, obstacles appear before them. Just once can't fate be nice and help them? Help them rush to their mate than slowing their pace to get to her.

"Master!" The kings turn to look at where Demetri is moving. Following the path, they freeze. Morgana bare naked lies on the red snow with her right arm at the wrong angle. Her leg is still bleeding, staining the white snow and melting it to reveal a black rock. She landed on a rock which explains the dislocated arm.

The kings rush over, no amount of snow stops them. Kneeling beside her, the kings are frozen in astonishment. Their eyes are on the blood, whip marks, nail marks, and paleness of her skin. She looks like a vampire except for the extremely faint heartbeat. Marcus is the first to check for a pulse and feel it but it is weak. He takes off his cloak and places it on the snow. 

"Demetri, push her arm back in place," Marcus asks the tracker. Demetri nods and snaps the limb back in its place. The crack sounds in their ear. Echoing the amount of pain she will experience when waking up. the kings flinch feeling their own arms pulse in mirrored pain.

Marcus lifts her cold body down on his cloak and Caius lays his cloak on her body. Aro's cloak wrap around the two other cloaks making her seem like a burrito. The long brown-haired king lifts he and his brother's mate in his arms and they rush as fast as they can back home.

"Demetri, find them," Caius growls smelling the two outcasted queen's scent on his mate.

The tracker nods eyes darkening upon smelling the wife's scent. they stole the queen and tortured her. He will not spare them even if they beg. Rushing to the mountain the four-headed up to, he picks up his pace noticing two figures running down a slope of the mountain. They aren't getting away that easily.

As the strong and fast tracker follows his command to kill the vampire wives, the kings sigh in relief when their feet land on the rocky ground. Using their nonending speed, they make it under an hour back to the Volterra castle.

"Call Carlisle!" Aro exclaims at the secretary. Marcus rush Morgana to her room and Caius goes into her closet catching the wife's scent. How did he miss that?! Growling, he shakes his head and focuses on getting warm clothes for the queen. Rushing over, Marcus and Aro have stripped her of their cloaks and dried her cold freezing skin. Caius dresses Morgana, her bare skin and body not even distracting him in his task of getting her warm.

In black sweatpants, thick white socks, and a white woven sweater, the kings wrap her as much as they can with the blankets. They need to warm her body and remove any potential threat to her system from cold to hot.

"When is Carlisle going to get here?" Caius calls frustrated and not thinking straight. He has many emotions rushing through his body. The need to rip his wife to shreds and burn her in the fireplace. The worry and need for his mate to wake up and be healthy and safe. The need to punch the wall or destroy anything with not smelling his wife's scent in Morgana's closet. they never searched there! Damn it!

"Easy brother, he will come soon," Marcus tells his soul brother. He is just as concerned with their mate as their mate thread flickers faintly. She is stable but only just. they cannot lose her.

"I came as quick as I can. Apologies." Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Emmett enter the room half an hour later.

Carlisle goes straight to Morgana and checks her vitals. Her heartbeat is faint still but stable. Touching her skin, it is losing warmth. the blankets only stabled her heart rate but not her body heat. 

"Is the hospital wing still open?" Carlisle asks Aro.

"Yes." Carlisle lifts Morgana and rushes through the castle he remembers. He sets her down on the hospital bed and pushes it closer to the fireplace. Lowering its level so the fire can have more access to her skin.

The Cullens came to help Carlisle get the room ready. Esme passes a wooden stick for Carlisle to check her mouth. Her lips are a soft blue and upon inspection, there are a few scars on the side of her mouth.

"Someone forced her to drink ice," Carlisle says and looks over what he got. 

"Here." Grabbing the mask and open mouth gag, Carlisle opens Morgana's mouth just a tad bit for the mask to blow hot air in the mouth. Esme sets up an IV and Rosalie set up the heart monitor. 

"warm water in the fluids." Esme fills the bag with warm water and attaches it to the cord. Drip by drip, water enters her veins.

"Will she be alright?" Aro asks worriedly when his old friend rushed Morgana to the hospital wing.

"We will see. For now, she is stable but her skin is still cold. Her internal flame is almost out. Just warm embers which can mean a bit of a bumpy ride. Let her rest." The kings are escorted out and Carlilse prays with them the queen lives. Morgana does not deserve this suffering.

"What about her wounds?" Esme and Carlisle's heads snap up. they hardly smelt it before but now they can. She is bleeding. Turning back inside, Carlisle removes the clothes and finds her leg is stabbed. The cold temperature froze over the wound sealing it but it is still dangerous with how much bacteria there can be in there.

"Get me some more hot water to thaw the ice on the wound. Bandages, thread, and needle." Rosalie and Esme rush with getting the supplies. 

"Emmett, call Alice and tell her Morgana is fine and in stable condition but we will have to stay here," Esme tells the big strong vampire.

Emmett nods and calls the pixie who is dealing with other things. He explains what happened and they will remain at the castle till Gana is awake and back to health. 

"What about Bella's wedding?"

"Do it without us." Emmett rolls his eyes at his little sister. The wedding is not as important as the queen battling many catastrophes in her body.

"Wedding?" Caius asks confused.

"Edward and Bella," Emmett mentions before he looks at the door separating the queen and them. "Please be safe."