Twilight ~ Chapter 6

The morning comes with the sun beaming on me. I straighten myself up and for a moment panic about where I am. Memories of yesterday rush to me. I thought do worry about my boss. I don't know my hours nor have his number. Getting p from the soft bed, I head into the shower and wash myself of any dirt and whatnot. Shoving my dirty clothes into my bag, I dress in a red V-line shirt and in blue jeans.  Walking out of the room, pancakes hits me. My stomach already responds to the scent with a monstrous growl that a bear can get scared of. Chuckling at my thoughts, I walk down still with my bag on my shoulders.

"Morning beautiful." Emmett greets me, sitting on the stool on the aisle. The plate of pancakes waiting for me.

"Morning. Hope you guys slept well." I said.

"Yeah, we did. Just to inform you, there is something the family and I need to discuss with you before we head to the pitch." Carlisle says as he straightens his shirt.

"Sure and I too need to actually do something before coming to the pitch as you say with you guys. Yesterday, I just started my job but I haven't gotten their number or schedule yet so I need to head there first to clear that out." Carlisle and Emmett chuckle at each other. "What?"

"Emmett noticed you at the mechanic shop yesterday and so he got the number and we called already asking for those details. I got you to have the day off to spend with us before you start tomorrow at 9:00 till 5." I gawk at him.

"You...really did! My god, thank you all so much." I thank them with gratitude.

"You're welcome. This is their number and a new phone for you to keep." oh my goodness, I don't believe it nor could accept it. "Before you deny it, you are taking it because you deserve it."

Sliding the new phone toward me on the table, I smile at him. Rosalie sits beside me and begins playing with my long brown hair. It needs a real trim since the last time I had my hair cut was before I came for my one-time visit with my father.

"That is right. Your hair is amazing." Rosalie comments. I thank her before eating my breakfast which is so good. I give a ten on ten to their cooking skills. "Also, our numbers are already in the contacts along with your father, sister's, and your boss's number."

"Thank you again." I nod finishing my breakfast. Before I have a chance to bring my dish to the sink, Esme steals it away from me. "Esme, please allow me."

"Nope." Everyone chuckles at my pout. I let out a shriek as I am picked up in someone else's arms and carried to the living room white sofa. That person drops me before I get to see who did it. Of course, it had to be Emmett. 

"Now, let us explain to you what we really are." What!? What are they? I nod allowing Carlisle to explain. "We are vampires." I couldn't stop my eyebrows to shoot to the sky. "Not to worry, we are vegetarian meaning we don't drink human blood. Edward."

I look toward the balcony as Edward turns with his jacket opened and his whole entire body sparkling like a diamond. Geez, that is a lot of sparkles. Edward chuckles before jumping into a tree super fast and strong. That is proof enough for me. Jumping down he gets in a white jeep and drives off to who knows where.

"Your sister as well knows our vampire secret. We are telling you because it will explain and be easier for you to see us run around in the field in our baseball game." I nod gathering the wacky thoughts. "We also have abilities."

"Oh?" That is all I can say without seeming terrified.

"Edward can read thoughts, Jasper can control emotions and feel them from other people; Alice can see the future and Emmett has super strength. Rosalie and Esme don't have abilities though." I nod and it explains a lot more now.