Twilight ~ Chapter 3

The pecking on my shoulder and small jumping on my arm woke me up. I glance and see a small robin chirping at me. Its grey back and orange belly are a nice view to wake up to. I nudge my shoulder and it flies off. Glad for the wake-up call. I smile at the sun peeking in the cave. I see it is around 11:00 in the morning. 

Stretching my limbs as I stand, I see the smoke still dancing from the fire I started yesterday. Grabbing my bag, I get my picture and seashell before beginning to climb down. I am aware of the hikers in these mountains and so I do not need people stealing my stuff. All they will find are sticks and the skeleton of a fish I had for dinner.

Trekking through the woods, I inhale the earth. The trees, the soil underneath my footsteps. Listening to the birds and animals around me. Nature is majestic that it might be the second drug I can live with. Moving through the familiar path, I stop at the edge of the parking lot of Forks High. The orange truck informs me that Bella is here. I watch students bustle about and socialize. Smiling at the teenagers, I walk to Bella's truck and climb in the trunk. I place my feet in the trunk as my butt is on the edge. I wait now for Bella to come out. The whole afternoon I sit there waiting and looking around the place. Some people look at me weirdly but I pay them no mind. Got nothing to do, I begin to open and close my lighter to pass the time some more. The final bell rings telling everyone to come out. Bella is out soon enough. She glances slightly at three people by the stairs but she keeps on walking.

"Hiya Bells." Bella looks up in shock.

"Gana, what are you doing here? I thought you..." I huff with a smirk.

"Died in a ditch, Nah. That is taking the easy way out of life. I found someplace to live anyways, want to tell me who your friends are over there, or are they just people who agitate you?" I ask turning so my legs are hanging on the edge of the truck.

"They are just some people. Shouldn't you be elsewhere and you are the one agitating me." I flinch slightly at the tone she used when saying I am her problem.

"Ouch. Guess the first day in class really is scary. I wouldn't know considering I find out I was denied!" I snarl at her. She deserves to know how this whole thing makes me feel. "You know I wanted to come to school and you and mother made sure I believed it when I really was denied. Why the fuck did you lie? You should have just told me the truth." I screeched at her before she slams the door closed. I move to slip into the passenger seat not through with the issue.

"Get out."

"No. Fucking explain to me why you lied." I glared at her. She looks at me hoping I get out but I stay put.

"Fine." She begins to drive off before talking to me. "We did that because it was a prank. Besides, we asked for you to be denied because I am not having my school term ruined by your disorder." So that is the truth. They asked for me to be denied and then lied I was accepted only for me to be denied again. It would be on a big humiliating level if I even cared or had friends that learned of the prank which I don't.

"Thanks for fucking with me Bella. It is not like it hurt me or anything!" I scream at her in the end. I could not stop the tears that collected in my eyes. This whole thing hurts, knowing my own blood lied to me. This is not a prank. This whole thing is shameful and filled with pain I will never forget.

"Who would even give a shit how you feel. All you are is a whore who likes fire that will possibly kill your family." Bella parks the car and gets out leaving me with a cracked heart. That was mean. That was beyond evil! Seriously! That went below the belt on so many levels. Getting out of the truck, I storm in after her.

"How fucking dare you! I may have a fire addiction but I would never harm my family. If you have read about my condition honey, you will know we pyromaniacs will never place harm on others. All we are, are just lovers of fire. Seeing the flame, we find peace with it like people find peace with laying on the dirty ground or floating in the water. We never would harm others unless we are arsonists which I am not! You think just because I like fire I will be a killer. No! I am not a killer. It also doesn't mean that I am a person who doesn't have feelings. I have a heart, a soul, and a mind that actually cares for you guys but you don't give a shit about me because all you guys are cowards against my disorder!" I scream at her, I even tug her to a stop before she can escape my verbal thoughts. Charlie and now that I notice, Billy and Jacob turned to face me screaming at my sister. We stand in the living room as I vent all the thoughts I have gathered in my mind.

"It hurts you know. It hurts having this disorder because even I know I will never be cared for or even loved because everyone has a fear of me lighting a fire. Do you not think I too feel like a monster?! Well, jokes on you because every day, every time I am near someone I know I will be nothing but a curse to them. So before you think I haven't thought of myself as a monster then think it again because that is what I am. I know I ain't normal but it still hurts knowing you went over my head and denied me having any kind of normal life. So fuck you, Bella, Fuck you to hell! You only think about yourself and nobody else so fuck you." I turn and run off back to my cave just so I don't stand and be watched as I cry and pour out my heart that is shattering into pieces.

I climb the rocks, light the fire and just cry. I scream and cry out my lungs as my heart cracks more and more. All the years of hiding my true feelings, all the pain I bottled up is now only spilling over. The dam broke and there is nothing stopping it. I throw some sticks to the cave wall in frustration and even launched my lighter. The cracks and falling plastic stop my crying fit. Glancing over to the broken lighter, I stare at it. The plastic in pieces, the metal that is used to start the fire, lay intact as the liquid pours into a small crack below it.

"Fuck you," I whisper to nothing in particular as I breathe out my last hiccup. Time to get more fish for supper.