Chapter 17

As I was napping the vampires in this castle were feeding. After the kings had had their fill and are back to sitting on their thrones, their attention moves to each other to discuss.

"It is incredible that we have found our mate. She also is very powerful." Caius is the first to speak. His mind was transfixed with her figure and the fire that surrounded her. A human with such gifts is rare, rarer than the petty Swan girl who is possibly a shield to all gifts.

"Indeed but we have much work to do with her," Aro says, his mind remembering all of her memories and the deep self-harm she did to herself.

"What have you seen Aro?" Marcus glances at his brother, curiosity peeking out. He is sure the deep dark bonds she wraps herself with are non too pleasant.

"She has a strong disbelief in herself. No self-confidence and because of the fire ability she has, she is in constant fear that she will kill us or anyone that gets close to her. Her past is haunted by her thoughts. She also cut a scar on her arm with her depression." Aro's chest tightens in pain along with his brothers when he spoke of the self-harm Morgana has done to herself.

"That is not good." Caius nearly growls when hearing that his mate would harm herself. "What shall we do?"

"We take this relationship slowly. She might be entitled to running or trying to reject the bond all because of her fear of her abilities. We must show she won't harm us. She is in control." Marcus understands the fear the girl is going through and wish to help her.

"Shall we go see her now?" Caius suggests ready to speed out of the room.

"Yes, let us go." The three run off leaving the staff to clean the blood and bodies.

Turning around corners and heading upstairs, they make it to Aro chambers where a faint heartbeat is heard. Entering quietly, they gaze at the sprawled human. Her brown hair is cascading down over the couch armrest. Her skin was flawless and bright under the sunlight streaming into the room. 

"Bellisima," Aro whispers in awe. Red eyes are slightly darker in lust for the human but he holds back any dark thoughts to wonder. Caius on the other hand memorizes every detail of her shape, form, clothes, and face. Every feature to memory to paint in his studio. Marcus sits near the couch, hovering his fingers over her soft locks.

Their presence around her doesn't awaken her but has her moving so she lies with her back facing the end of the couch. Hair moved to cover her head like a hood. Caius softly pulls her hair out of the way to look at her gorgeous face. That action alone woke her.

"Hm," fluttering her eyes open, she faces the backrest of the couch. leaning backward, in midst of being half asleep, forgot she was on a couch. Body tensing for the fall, only two arms to catch her. "Eeek. Oh, hi."

I look into Caius' eyes as he places me back down on the couch. A deep blush of embarrassment on my cheeks. Sitting up I notice the kings surround me.

"Slept well?" Aro asks intrigued by my tumble into Caius' arms.

"Yeah. Feels like I slept long which I doubt I did." Stretching my arms in front of me, I lay them on my bent knees.

"No, you only slept for a few minutes."

"Hm, I call it a cat nap. Multiple wild cats do that. Take multiple naps during the day and have a lot of energy in between." I state not knowing my words only allures the kings deeper into falling in love with me.

"Intriguing. Now, would you like to discuss the mate situation or would you like to eat?" Marcus remembers me mentioning something along those lines.

"I can only say both at the same time. Unless that can't happen."