12| It's Okay

I let a yawn slip past my lips as I finished getting ready for today's busy day; I scrunch my curls in moose. Letting them fall lightly, I wash my hands before I walk out of the bathroom and into the hallway. I hum softly to a song stuck in my head all week.

I stop humming, realizing Wonwoo and Soonyoung were fast asleep in the living room; how could I forget they were still here? I bite my lip and walk into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for them. I open the fridge, getting the ingredients for egg omelets and French toast. I grabbed the empty pitcher from the cupboard and walked to the fridge's ice and water dispenser. Getting ice in the pitcher before filling it with half of water, I let out a small sigh as I set it on the counter.

I pull two mixing bowls from the bottom cupboard,  along with two frying pans and silverware for breakfast. I crack eight eggs into one of the bowls, grab the cutting board from the sink, and start cutting up thin slices of carrots, green onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers, setting the stove on medium heat for both pans, adding the right amount of oil for the omelet pan. I pull the diced-up watermelon from the freezer; I bite my lip.

I start with the French toast and the homemade watermelon and cucumber iced tea. I looked at the two men sleeping peacefully even though I had the blender on; I made the first six of French toast before moving on to one of the omelets. I grab one of the plates, add one of the French toast, and sprinkle some powdered sugar; I make the omelet for the first plate.

I turn the blender off and add the sweet tea infusion into the pitcher along with the watermelon and sliced cucumbers. Stirring the tea for a minute, I walk back to the stove, remove the cooked omelet from the pan, and onto the plate. I start with the second omelet; I hear Soonyoung letting out a loud groan and weird grumbling noises. I add the French toast to the other two empty plates, "You're up at six in the morning?" Soonyoung asked with a groggy voice. I let out a small laugh and turned the stove off once the last omelet was cooked, "Yes, and I made breakfast." I said, setting the two plates on the counter.

I grab three tall glasses, setting them on the counter, "Wonwoo is still asleep..." Soonyoung says with a smirk. I look at him as he pulls a Sharpie from the drawer, "Don't even think about it, Soonyoung." Wonwoo's raspy, hoarse voice sent chills down my spine. "Aww man, I thought you were still sleeping," Soonyoung says, dropping the Sharpie back into the drawer. I smile and stick my tongue at Soonyoung, "I made breakfast for us; you should eat before taking the painkillers." I said, looking at Wonwoo as I poured the watermelon tea into the cups.

Soonyoung sits on the kitchen stools, "It smells tasty," Soonyoung says with a taunting voice as he looks over at Wonwoo. He was folding the blankets and placing them on the couch, "You didn't have to clean up; I would've done it." I said, handing Soonyoung a fork. "It's okay; it's the least I could do for crashing here," Wonwoo says with a small smile; he still looks handsome without glasses. I smiled and held out a fork for him as he stood by Soonyoung; Wonwoo smiles faintly and took the fork from my grasp.

I sit on the opposite side of the counter, "Mmm, Lizzy, this is so good. Where did you learn how to cook?" Soonyoung asked. I smile and let my fork sit on the plate as I watch him eat, "Self-taught, I learned how to cook when I was ten." I said. Wonwoo's gaze was soft as my eyes met his, "Ten? You learned how to cook when you were ten years old?" Wonwoo asked. I nodded with a sad smile, "Yeah, my mom thought it was an easy way to learn to be independent at a young age." I lie. I learned how to cook and bake at the age of ten. Due to my mom not being around, she spent most days and nights working, avoiding coming home.

My dad was too busy out with his friends drinking and doing, god knows what he was doing, so it was up to ten-year-old me to feed myself by learning on my own. My resources were YouTube, cooking shows, and recipe books; overall, my cooking skills are at a medium level.

I noticed that Wonwoo has a habit of taking small bites when it comes to food; I looked at my plate. I usually skip breakfast, and I have no tendency to eat at all. "Are you not hungry?" Soonyoung's voice drowns the thoughts away; I look up at him. "Oh yeah, I ate a fruit bowl before cooking, so I'm probably just going to save this plate for Eunseo since she'll be coming home," I said with a small smile as I grabbed a plate lid placing it on top. I sip the tea, the watermelon's sweetness melting my worries away.

Wonwoo and Soonyoung finished eating as Eunseo and Hansol walked through the front door. "You're all awake early..." Hansol says, confused as he looks at Wonwoo and Soonyoung, "Yeah, Lizbeth made us breakfast. I couldn't pass on her amazing cooking." Soonyoung says with a grin. I feel flustered by his words and pick up the empty plates, "Lizzy cooks?" Hansol asked as he turned to Eunseo, who seemed lost as well. "She made you guys a plate," Soonyoung says. I finish washing the dishes and turn to face them. "Lizzy...are you okay?" Eunseo asked. I looked at her and nodded. "I have to get going; class starts in an hour," I said.

Soonyoung and Wonwoo looked confused, "Class? Don't you mean work?" Wonwoo asked. I mentally slap myself across the face; I feel my face go hot from embarrassment. "Yeah, that's what I meant; I'm sorry," I said with a small smile. I walk out of the kitchen to get my coat and bookbag; a small sigh leaves my lips as I close the door of my room. "Well, see you guys around or later," I said, opening the door as I slipped into my tennis shoes; I pulled my phone from my back pocket. "See ya, be safe," Hansol says as I close the door; I let out a huff of breath.

Well, that was an exhilarating morning; I walked to the elevators. I slip into my coat as the elevator arrives; stepping inside, I press the first floor. I fix the scarf around my neck; I look at the elevator doors, wondering why it hasn't moved. As they closed and then opened, Wonwoo's tall figure appeared.

I step to the side, making room for him, "Heading home now?" I asked. Breaking the strange atmosphere, the elevator doors close. Wonwoo steals a glance, "Yeah...look, I'm sorry for intruding last night. I didn't mean to." He says. I look at him, "It's okay, I didn't mind. Honestly, I was worried when I noticed you seemed...out of it." I said, feeling my cheeks burn. Wonwoo smiles faintly, "I'm sorry, I don't drink. I guess last night was something," He says. A small chuckle escapes my lips as I look at him again; this time, his gaze is different. "It's okay, Wonwoo; I'm just glad I was the one who cared for you and not someone random and strange who could possibly have been a psychopath," I said.

Wonwoo laughs lightly, "You need to stop reading so many crime thrillers." He jokes. I smile, "Nah, they keep me aware of my surroundings." I said. We both laugh, and the elevator comes to a stop. "Well, I suppose I'll see you around. I hope breakfast and the painkillers helped with the headache." I said with a small smile and walked out of the lobby. "Be safe," He calls out; I smile and glance at him.

Am I slowly developing a crush on Wonwoo? No, it's probably just a normal thing between mutual friends. The strange atmosphere and feelings are just me trying to get used to stepping out of my shell...right?