15 | Old Habits Don't Die

Friday afternoons were like every other Friday: a nice warm shower, get into soft, comfortable clothes, and start the Star Wars Episode I, The Phantom Menace film. Soonyoung agreed he would swing by after he finished work; Seungkwan was already on his way over. Christmas is on a Wednesday, and I still haven't had the time to get them gifts; I bite my lip as I lay in bed holding onto the sealion plush.

I've seen this movie and every other Star Wars film ten times, and it never fails to make me feel like the first time I watched it. A small sigh escapes my lips as I shiver lightly while bringing the weighted blanket closer to my chin. Wonwoo's opinion of me didn't affect me in any way, but my sudden loss of control of my emotions did. I never lose control of my emotions, I always manage to keep them intact during difficult times. Yet I got emotional when Wonwoo stared at me with those dark eyes filled with nothing but pity.

A sigh escapes my lips as the doorbell rings, I toss the blanket off me and walk out of my room hurrying down the hall. I opened the door thinking Soonyoung or Seungkwan was there, but a strange man stood there with a smile that was so chilling it gave me the creeps. "Hello, is Wonwoo here?" He asked, I looked at him confused and shook my head. "I'm sorry but no he—" The elevator chimes as the doors open, Soonyoung steps off and judging from the expression on his face. This man is up to no good, Soonyoung walks over to me. "Can I help you?" He asks the strange man, Soonyoung pushes me lightly inside the apartment. I look at Soonyoung, he seemed pissed and confused.

"Oh I was just looking for Wonwoo but I guess he isn't here, I apologize for the inconvenience." The man says with a smile and walks to the elevator, we watch him enter the elevator. "Soonie? Do you know him?" I asked looking at Soonyoung as the elevator doors closed. "Ani, I might've seen him from somewhere but I don't know him." He says stepping inside the apartment and closing the door. "Maybe Wonwoo does since the man was eager to find him," I said, Soonyoung sighed as he pulled his phone out. "Seungkwan is on his way to pick us up," Soonyoung says, I sigh and nod before walking back to my room.

I search through my closet and pick out a simple outfit for an outing with friends, I grab a black tennis skirt and a dark red off-the-shoulder long-sleeve. I slip on the black lace tights before slipping on the skirt, I open the drawer and look for the strapless bra I had bought.

The doorbell rings as I finish getting ready, I grab the black knee-high low-heel boots from my closet. I grab my book bag and phone before stepping out of my room, I freeze as I spot Wonwoo having a stern talk on the phone. Soonyoung rushes over to me, "I'm sorry but I told him about the guy," He says. I look at him, "It's okay, I'm ready to go." I said. Soonyoung smiles and nods, "Seungkwan is only five minutes away." He says. He walks into the living room, I set my bag and the boots by the front door. "What did the guy look like?" Wonwoo's voice was unclear and hoarse, I walked to the screen by the door. "I'm not good with descriptions" I lie as I open the recent file on the security camera.

Wonwoo leaned forward to look at the screen his chest touching my shoulder lightly, "geu salam michin ge teullim-eobs-eo" He muttered. I shiver feeling his breath fan my exposed neck, I close the file making sure the camera is recording. I step away from Wonwoo and sit by Soonyoung, "gwaenchanh-euseyo" Soonyoung whispers. I nod, "Yeah," I whispered. Wonwoo sighs as he turns to us, "If he comes by again call me when he's still here...not when he's gone." He says looking at Soonyoung.

I let out a small sigh, Seungkwan's name appeared on the screen of Soonyoung's phone. Wonwoo's eyes meet mine for a split second, "He's here," Soonyoung says with a smile. I get up from the couch and walk to the front door, I slip on the boots adjusting them before standing up from the floor. Soonyoung grabs my book bag and hands me the brown coat, I take Chan's scarf off the coat hanger. "Let's hope he doesn't come back," Soonyoung says with a worried tone opening the door, I bite my lip and step out.