06| Pride against books

The sound of metal scratching against the carpet filled the silent workroom; I saw Seungkwan getting up and walking to Mingyu's office. A small sigh leaves my lips as I finish selecting the photos for the billboard and Kim's Winery feature in SEOUL COMPOSITION magazine; I click submit, making sure it's mailed to the correct manufacturer.

"Annyeonghaseo? Are you looking for someone?" Camila asked. I lifted my gaze from the computer only to regret it. My first time making eye contact with him, my breath hitched. Deep spheres of brown made my heart pound against my ribcage. His eyes may be brown, but they seemed filled with a strange sadness. My eyes wandered to his features, adsorbing every little detail; his lips are a slightly dark pink. His cupid bow made his lips look full, "Yes, I'm looking for Mr. Kim Mingyu," His voice was deep. Deep and a tad bit hoarse, it made goosebumps appear on my skin. Wonwoo follows Camila down the hallway that head to Mingyu's office; Seungkwan steps out, greeting Wonwoo.

I let out a breath of relief; hiccups escaped my lips. I look down at the files. Did Wonwoo cause the hiccups? I bite my lip, preventing them from coming out, "Lizzy, are you okay?" Seungkwan asked as he leaned against the desk. I looked at him and nodded, but the hiccups were still here. Seungkwan chuckles, "I'll go get you some water for the hiccups," He says with a smile and leaves. My heart was still pounding against my chest as I glanced over at Mingyu's office; strange...he didn't utter a hello.

Seungkwan returned with a water bottle and a granola bar, "Thank you," I said with a smile, opening the bottle and taking a sip of the water. "Hey Lizzy," Yuno, one of the members of the Sales Team, walks over to my desk. I look at him and then back at Seungkwan, who seemed surprised. I look at Yuno, "What is it?" I asked. Yuno looks at Seungkwan, "Mr. Boo can you give us a moment?" He asked. Seungkwan gave him a side eye and crossed his arms, "It's okay, it will only be a moment." I said, looking at him with a small smile. Seungkwan eyed Yuno from head to toe before getting up from his seat and leaving.

I look at Yuno as I set my water bottle next to the pen holder, "What is it?" I asked again. Yuno got awfully closer, and I made sure to keep a distance. "I wanted to know if you want to go on a date with me?" He asked with a smirk; I looked at him perplexed. "A...a date? Why—-me?" I asked, looking confused. Yuno sighs and stands up, "Yeah," He said, crossing his arms. Mingyu's office door opens, revealing Wonwoo and Mingyu walking down the hall, talking amongst themselves. I look at Yuno, "So yes or no?" He asked. I still felt confused about what made an employee from the Sales Team come and ask me out.

"What?" I asked; Yuno lets out an annoyed sigh. "Do you want to go on a date, Lizzy?" He asked. I felt hopeless in this situation. I look around for Seungkwan only to see him walking over to Wonwoo and Mingyu, who now witness Yuno's strange little confession. "Lizzy, I need a yes or no; I don't have all day," Yuno says with an irritated tone. I look down at my desk. "I...I—I'm sorry, I'm just confused," I said. Yuno stepped closer, causing me to get up from the chair. "I'm sorry," I said, leaving him with pairs of eyes watching.

Some employees were quietly giggling; I walked out of the workroom. I rush up the stairs, wanting to get a breath of fresh air, reaching the rooftop garden. I let out a sigh of annoyance; I pace back and forth, letting my mind erupt with tons of questions. Why did he have to ask that? In front of Wonwoo, Seungkwan, and Mingyu. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and speed-dialed Soonyoung, "Annyeong Lizzy," His cheerful voice made me stop pacing. "Soonie...Do you want to hang out tonight?" I asked. Soonyoung was silent for a minute. "Mhm yeah, but Lizzy... you don't need to rush on breaking out of your shell." He says; I let out a sigh. Shaking my head, knowing he doesn't see me, I said, "It's fine, I want to do this." I said.

Soonyoung lets out a cheerful laugh, "Okay! Let's hang out," He says. I smile faintly, "Mhm you can meet me at Kim's Winery around six-thirty," I said. Soonyoung seemed to be more excited than I was, "Okay! I'll see you later." He said, ending the call before I could say anything else. I let out a small sigh and put my phone away, "Are you okay?" I turned around to see Wonwoo. I forced a smile and nodded, "Mhm," I said. Although he seemed unconvinced, "I didn't take you as the 'heart breaker' type of person." He says with a small smile.

I shake my head, "I'm not," I said. "I'm confused...why Yuno asked me that," I said, looking at the tulips; I bite my lip and crouched down. "Confused? I didn't find any of what happened confusing," Wonwoo chuckles. I removed some of the wilting petals. "It is to me...I never dated anyone." I said, feeling bashful, "No guy has ever asked me out, and Yuno isn't the kind of guy to ask a girl out just because." I said. Wonwoo gets to my level, "I see...I'm sorry." He says. I look at him and shake my head, "It's okay. Besides, Yuno isn't just the guy for me." I whisper.

Wonwoo laughs, "Mhm, right? He doesn't seem fit to be your first boyfriend." He whispers. I let a small giggle escape my lips and nodded, "Yeah, I feel bad for leaving him like that. He must feel embarrassed." I said. Wonwoo sighs and looks at the tulips, "Don't be; you have every right to feel uncomfortable and confused." He says. I ensured the tulips were okay, "You know Mingyu lets me keep the garden looking fresh and pretty." I said. I look at Wonwoo; we make eye contact. "I planted the tulips, and he planted the pink roses. Seungkwan planted the orchids, and eventually, we began to plant our favorite flowers." I said.

Wonwoo smiles, "Tulips are your favorite?" He asked. I bite my lip and nod, "Yeah, along with orchids and roses, but Tulips are my absolute favorite." I said. Wonwoo nods and looks at the tulips; being up close with him made me realize. He is absolutely breathtaking; he's gorgeous as if Aphrodite herself created him. Wonwoo has completely made me feel...alive.