Chapter Twenty Seven - The Calm

I had gone back to reading, flipping the pages, article after article.. The Quibbler was more entertaining that the prophet and after the whole Potter lying thing, I had unsubscribed to their rubbish.

"Harry, it's Katie." Hermione whispered I looked up and Hermoine gestured behind me. I saw her with her group of friends. Harry got up and went over to her.

"Vega." I turn my head around the other way, a very scared and worried looking Draco stood above me. "Vega I need to talk to you." He looked up and I went to see what he was looking at. It was Harry. Draco backed away and sped off. Harry following quickly after.

"Oh no." I groaned getting up and doing the same. I couldn't see anything, where they had gone. I stopped and closed my eyes. When we were little we made the joke that we could sense one another. Its why we were so good at hide and seek. I opened my eyes and took of running. The closer I got the stronger I felt and it led me to the boys bathroom. there was a flood coming from it and I ran inside.

"Oh my god." I covered my mouth. Draco lied all bloodied on the floor. I looked at my boyfriend "What did you do?"

---------

We all sat back in the common room, he explained that he used a spell that he had found in the potions book that he had been hoarding, not knowing what it did. He used it on my brother

"I'm so sorry." he apologised as I come and sit next to him.

"You have to get rid of it. Today." I tell him then glance at the others. He nodded in agreement and I took his hand leading him out of the common room and up to the fifth floor. I thought about what I needed and the room of requirement complied creating a door through which we entered.

"The room of requirement." he breathed as I pulled him further in

"We need to hide the Half blood Prince's book where no one ever again will find it. Yourself included." I let go of his hand and walked backwards. We heard rustling.

"What was that?" we both asked and I smiled a little and looked around he opened a cabinet and a bird came flying out.

"Close your eyes." he didn't at first "Trust me." he did and I slipped the book out of his hands then I left him finding a drawer and slipped it in then returned and gave him a kiss.

"Come on." he opened his eyes and I lead him out. I broke off to go and visit Draco, he was conscious.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I ask sitting down next to him.

"It doesn't matter, you should go. Go back to your boyfriend." I scowled at his passiveness

"Draco, don't shut me out. Let me help you." I took his hand and he gazed at me sorrowfully

"Listen to me, Vega." I nodded "You can't be around me. You were right it's not safe, which is why you have to stay away. Stay with them, your friends and Potter. He will protect you. I can't. Go Vega. Leave." he pushed me away and I left at his request

--------

Back in the common room, Harry had come up with a idea to make headway and find out what Dumbledore needed. He was going to use the liquid luck.

"Well, how do you feel?" I questioned after he'd taken it.

"Excellent. Really excellent." he stood up and so did we.

"Remember Slughorn usually eats early, takes a walk, and then returns to his office." he nodded

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrids." he went and grabbed his jacket

"What?" Hermione questioned "No, Harry, you've got to go and speak with Slughorn. We've got a plan." we followed him

"I know but I've got a really good feeling about going to Hagrid's. I feel like it's the place to be tonight. You know what I mean?" he replied

"No" we answered

"Well, trust me I know what I'm doing or Felix does." he left use in shock. the other two turned to me.

"I have no idea." I held my hands up in defence

"He's your boyfriend." Ron retorted

"He's also your best friend." I retorted and walked away. It got late and Harry wasn't back, so I eventually fell asleep. I woke briefly being picked up, it was Harry.

"Shh go back to sleep." I nodded and did so

---------

The next morning, Harry, told us that he had found out that Voldemort had created something could a Horcrux. Objects that hid pieces of his soul so that he could never really die. One of them was in the diary from the second year, another in a ring that Dumbledore had found. Speaking of our head master. Dumbledore had requested that he come along this time. So that where he was going this afternoon. I walked into the boys dormitory about 15 minutes before he was due to leave.

"It's time." I told him. He looked back at me and nodded The four of us walked out and went with him to the astronomy tower even thought it was just going to be the two of them.

"Girls, is the room of requirement, un plotable?" Harry asked us as we walked through the halls. I thought about it for a moment

"I guess so. Why?" I counter back

"Well, I guess that why I thought your brother was leaving the castle when he was going off the map. He was just going through the room of requirement. Where we saw the vanishing cabinet." it all clicked in may head, that what the bird had come out of. I hadn't out it together before because of what Happened between Harry, the book and my brother. I felt bad for not recognising it.

"Wait, Ron you said that your Dad told you the vanishing cabinet is still there. But we saw one in the room of requirement. What if it has a twin. One here and one there." I slowly began to make up for my obliviousness earlier

"What could that mean?" Hermione wondered

"I don't know. Harry answered just then the bell began to ring signalling it was time for something to eat.

"Good Luck, Harry." I sigh

"I don't need luck, I'll be with Dumbledore. But thanks." We kissed and then I backed away rejoining Ron and Hermione. The three of us returned to the common room and waited. As we did were heard a thunderstorm rumbling in, only it felt different from the ones we usually got. Ron, Hermione and I all go up and looked out of the window.