Despair

Third Person's POV

Jinsoul was already driving to go back to Saeroms' place, and her and Yeojin did not dare to speak.

Yeojin made herself busy by just looking at her laptop, watching the movements of the three who were left at the forest.

She saw Heejin and Hyunjin walking around a little, and figured that they might've started looking at files and such.

Then, she looked at the other girl, Hyeju.

Hyeju was not moving an inch from her spot, and it's been ten minutes. Yeojin thought it was a bit odd, but she can't exactly predict what Hyeju might do.

Still, guilt and pain consumes her.

On the other hand, Jinsoul, who's driving them, also has a lot in her mind.

She's worried about everyone's reaction about two of them getting stuck in the building, and the other one...

Jinsoul doesn't even want to think of Sooyoung and Chaewon's reaction.

She felt like a failure. She was supposed to prevent this all from happening, yet she wasn't able to do anything.

But she got reminded of Hyeju's words back then, before she left for the forest again.

She doesn't know if Hyeju said those to not worry them anymore and as a facade, or if there's something else Hyeju didn't want to say.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw the big house that's now very familiar to her.

Jinsoul and Yeojin didn't want to get out of the car, but they had to.

The older girl was the one who knocked, and she tried not to break down when she saw Sooyoung who was once smiling, is now looking confused.

Jinsoul had to look down on her feet, she can't look at Sooyoung directly.

"Jinsoul? Yeojin? What happened? Where are the others...?"

"I-I think we should get inside first" Yeojin answered for Jinsoul.

-----

Right now, all the other girls were gathered in the living room, with both Jinsoul and Yeojin still trying hard to not cry.

"What the hell happened in there? Where are the other three who were with you?" Vivi asked. The two of them can't answer.

"Where's Heejin and Hyunjin? Where's Hyeju?" Yeojin looked at the owner of the voice. It was Chaewon.

How can she tell her friend?

Yeojin started trembling, reaching her breaking point once again. Everyone noticed this, and they now felt nervous, for what was about to be said.

"Yeojin. Where are the other three? Jinsoul? Why can't you answer?" Sooyoung looked very serious now.

Just then, something popped up from Yeojin's laptop.

It was Hyunjin and Heejin calling.

Yeojin hesitated at first before pressing something, indicating the start of a call.

"H-hello? Yeojin? Can you hear us?" Heejin asked. Yeojin can't answer.

"Hello?" Heejin said, again.

"We're here." Haseul spoke for Yeojin.

"Oh, I see, you got back! That's good!" Hyunjin then answered.

"Where are you guys? Why weren't you with them?" Chaewon asked.

"Long story short, Me and Heejin got stuck inside this building, but thankfully, this room is the main office room—"

"Just you and Heejin?" Chaewon cut off Hyunjin.

"Yes, why?"

"You two... You're not with Hyeju?"

"Chaewon, what do you mean? Hyeju was with Yeojin and Jinsoul. It was just me and Heejin stuck in here." Hyunjin said.

In an instant, everything got quiet.

"Is something wrong—" Hyunjin got cut off again when she heard Sooyoung.

"JINSOUL! WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SISTER?!" Sooyoung furiously said, holding onto Jinsoul's collar. Jinsoul wasn't able to say anything.

"Sooyoung, stop!" Haseul tried to stop her, but it didn't work.

"JINSOUL!" Sooyoung screamed again.

"WHY CAN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?! WHERE'S HYEJU?!"

Everyone started to stop Sooyoung, as the girl is now getting violent. Jinsoul however, was stopping herself from crying.

"Y-yeojin... Where's Hyeju? S-she's fine, right?" It was Chaewon.

Yeojin then started to cry, which stopped everyone, including Sooyoung.

"We're sorry... We didn't want it to happen..." Yeojin said between her cries.

"Why- What happened?

"Hyeju... S-she... She got bitten..."

Along with that, was Sooyoung collapsing to the floor, and the others starting to cry too.

Heejin and Hyunjin who are still connected to the call, was also shocked.

"Hyeju got what...?"

"S-she fought them on her own... She said we all won't survive back to the car if we all ran... When she came back, she already had a bite mark on her leg..." Yeojin said, trembling.

Jinsoul also started to speak, not wanting Yeojin to explain everything on her own.

"Hyeju didn't want to go back with us. The last thing she told us before leaving the car was that she'll be waiting there, on the laboratory."

It all felt quiet. They can't accept the fact that they just lost someone, and the other two is waiting, to be rescued on that hellhole.

The first one to break the silence was Haseul.

"W-we should let Jinsoul and Yeojin rest and calm down first. They're also affected by this. Us too... But we need to get back on track soon. Heejin, Hyunjin, and Hyeju are waiting for us."

Everyone just agreed silently. Vivi and Haseul helped Sooyoung, who was still on the floor, crying, to get back on her room. Jungeun did the same to Jinsoul, Yerim with Yeojin, and Jiwoo with Chaewon.

Saerom and the others also got back to their rooms, still not believing what just happened.

-----

"Hayoung. Why won't you tell them about the cure?"

"You know I can't. Even if I want to, I still respect her decision. It's her choice if she'll reveal herself. You know how much trauma she got from the experiments her father did to her."

"I know but..."

"There's no buts. It's either she reveals herself, or the others figure it out. I don't want to interfere anymore, I don't want to break the promise I did to her. I already did so much things back then."

"Can't you at least tell you were one of the scientists?"

"I might, soon. But for now, we should let them calm down first. It will just get worse if I tell it right now."

"You've got a point. Let's just wait before they're ready again."

-----

😁😁

Edit: I ALWAYS forgot to add this on my A/N parts, but a few days ago, Apocalypse was #2 on the chuuves tag!

Right now, it's #6 on the chuuves tag, and I really thank you all for supporting this story, I hope you enjoy more of these!

Also, I'm planning to actually post another story soon (like really soon) so I hope you support on that one too!!