Chase

Third Person's POV

Ever since the five girls left the place, they've been busy, talking about plans and strategies.

Thankfully, everything is still fine and peaceful, which is rare to see knowing the two people in the car ride seemed to bicker a lot.

But they figured that bickering is not needed for their plan.

"So, what do we do now?" Heejin asked.

"We should expect a lot of those creatures. I believe they'll mostly be runners and the smart types, so it's way more dangerous than those we encountered before." Jinsoul replied.

Everyone agreed in unison, and everything seemed to be fine for the whole ride, until they actually reached the place.

"So, this is it huh?" Yeojin nervously muttered.

"We'll be fine. Let's all hope this won't end badly. We need to finish this once and for all."

They agreed again, before starting their chase towards the cure they desperately need.

The cure that will end this tragedy.

Once they entered the forest, the five were instantly greeted with multiple zombies. However, Heejin, Hyunjin, and Hyeju just knocked them off easily.

Yeojin and Jinsoul on the other hand, continued locating the building. So while the two were busy, the other three became their shield of protection.

They continued to fight and locate at the same time, until they end up in front of a huge building, which they figured out as the laboratory where everything started.

"How do we get inside there?" Hyunjin now asked, the five of them now hiding somewhere.

"See that big space? It can fit all of us there." Yeojin pointed towards the fences, one part of it having a big hole which can fit all of them.

"But I'm just worried about one thing." Jinsoul told them. The others looked at her, signalling her to continue.

"We don't know where exactly the main office is, do we? And knowing the danger the inside of the building might have, it's very risky to go altogether."

"So... You're saying we should split up?" Hyeju asked.

"Yes. I really don't want to, but we'll die instantly if we go in huge numbers. We have to split up by two's and three."

"I guess it can't be helped. But there's this feeling I have that we shouldn't... go there. Like I'm not the type to back away quick but... this one is different." Yeojin told them.

"But you know what? Nevermind. I'm sure everyone will be fine, right?"

Right?

Soon, they went back to fight the zombies, and got inside the building after a few minutes.

As soon as they got inside, they felt an eerie feeling.

It was too empty. The building almost had no traces of zombies anywhere.

They all felt uneasy, but they went along with the plan. Heejin and Hyunjin paired up to go on the upper floors, while Hyeju, Yeojin, and Jinsoul looked on the ground and second floors.

The five of them were cautious, to not make any sound. While walking, they can now see many zombies inside rooms, and all of them got chills down their spines.

It was as if they all want to come back.

But their luck seemed to not go in their way, as loud thuds were heard on the upper floors, which made the three look at each other worriedly.