Backstory - Pt. II

Jeong Jinsoul. 

A highly intelligent student, known even when she was still young. Participated in many competitions, from representing her school to representing her country, in which she won almost all of them.

The girl never had a failing grade, always awarded for many things. If we were to speak about academics, she's always at the top.

When she's finally going to college, many prestigious schools in Korea and even internationally offered her scholarships. But the girl decided to stay in Korea and go with her friends back then, which she didn't regret at all.

Her friends, despite being crackheads most of the time, were also very great, one being an athlete and the other two being honor students too. They also support Jinsoul on everything she does.

On the first few months in college, Jinsoul was doing very well, both the students and teachers getting amazed by her academic skills.

But it was that one day that almost ruined her entire reputation.

It was lunch time and Jinsoul, along with her friends, were supposed to sit on their usual table when they all noticed a commotion happening not far from them.

Out of curiosity, the four went on where the commotion was, and saw a fellow freshman which was a man, being violent with one of the girls.

No one wanted to interfere, scared that they might end up with injuries and because they were threatened not to.

But Jinsoul is all for protecting women. So she went near the man, and said,

"What the fuck are you doing?" Jinsoul spoke with all seriousness. 

Most of the people got surprised, not used to the girls' sudden use of curse words and her attitude in general.

"And who are you? Oh wait... You're that top student right? I suggest you just focus on your nerdy stuff and stay out of this shit." 

"You didn't even answer my question, dumbass." She said again, which angered the man even more.

"Now what did you just say?" The man told her, and was about to punch Jinsoul.

Her friends was also about to interfere but Jinsoul stopped the hand about to punch her face, and punched the man first. With that punch, the man ended up with a burst lip, bruised cheek, and a nosebleed. 

"Don't be so full of yourself, acting all superior. Because you are not. You're being violent to the poor girl who wasn't even doing anything to you and you expect me to stay silent? And don't tell me what to do with the focusing on 'nerdy stuff' you said earlier. Why, you think my whole life revolves on just studying? I'm doing this because no one else protected the girl so I interfered. So I guess you deserved that punch because that will put you in your place, you fuckass man." 

The same day later, Jinsoul and the man she fought with was sent to the principal's office.

Unfortunately, Jinsoul was given one week suspension while the man was only given three days of suspension due to the fact that 'Jinsoul became physically and verbally violent'.

"Just how misogynistic can this school be..." Jinsoul told her friends.

"News already came out, most of the freshmen were furious" Haseul said.

"Hmm. They said you don't deserve suspension- if anything the man should be the one getting suspended for a week, he started the whole commotion." Vivi also added.