Chapter Fourty-Seven: I- I think i like...

Start from the beginning

To be honest, I saw this coming before Cashe even finished his sentence.

" Don't be stupid, you love me really! I mean who couldn't- ouch" As his head flys forwards, a slap echoing the hall.

" I take it back, I'm actually going to kill him" As Cashe launches towards Xavier, however he is stopped by TK before anything could happen. Standing between them with a face unreadable.

" Shut the fuck up and get to the fourth floor, before we are found and probably cornered. And I wouldn't think twice before shoving you both in the line of fire if you continue." TK whispers, his voice sounding annoyed, but his face remained the same. Blank.

And without a second thought Cashe scurried down the hall as Xavier glared at TK. Before following after Cashe, clearly Xavier didn't take too well with being told what to do. And to be honest, neither would I! But hey, we are running out of time and do not have time to be faffing.

" Anyways, now the children have gone, the adults can now talk!" TK stated, turning towards me and giving me a nod. His eyes travelling around the room before landing on me again.

I smirk. " Well, Matthews said it was at the bottom of this corridor, turn left and then turn left again into a red door." As my eyes travelled down the corridor.

" Hmm, let's see what adventures lay behind those doors. " As we silently travel the rest of the way down the corridor. And what awaits us is quite shocking to say the least.

***************************

Cashe:

" I can't believe you just didn't want to be with this amazingness" I whispered to my forever friend. Honestly he was insane.

" Yeah well, who the fuck thinks they can just boss me around like I'm some sort of solider." His eyes looking distant as we arrive at the stairs leading down to the fourth floor. My guess is that he's probably just not listening to me.

Waving my hands in his face, he blinks a few times before turning to glare at me. Clearly he is not in a very chippy mood.

" Would you stop" Wafting my hands away as we reached the fourth floor. I stop.

" My gosh would you stop being such a pissy!" Turning to give him my own glare. " Can you not take a joke, and I'm sure TK was doing it for everyone's best interest.. if that's what your annoyed about?" Grabbing a hold of Xavier's shoulders and turning them to face me. His eyes not meeting mine.

I huff.

" Forget it, let's just keep going." Removing my hands from his shoulders and heading towards the door that probably holds a lot of men ready for battle.

" No wait.." Xavier mumbles, shifting his fingers before looking up towards me.

" You can't tell anyone, you have to swear to me.." As I glance up towards Xavier, squinting my eyes slightly, as I  slowly nod.

" Yes, sure, my lips are sealed." Initiating myself locking my lips shut.

" I.... I think I... oh gosh..I think I like Dante.." He stutters, hanging his head low as a small smile makes its way onto my face.

" OMg I knew it, I soo guessed that. I deserve an award for being an amazing observer." I whispered, smiling towards Xavier who glanced up through his eyelashes..

" Wait... what.." He stutters, as I roll my eyes.. I mean, it was obvious. The constant looks at each other. In the car, they wouldn't stop staring at one another. Just everything... like it was really cringy, but also cute at the same time!
I mean, to be honest when we first met Octavia, I though and I swore Dante really liked Octavia.. but I feel like as time went on.

They didn't talk as much anymore, and he started talking to Xavier.

Hey, I may be stupid. annoying.. hot.. and well funny! But I am very observant and vigilant of others. Hey I even knew Xavier hates Tate, from the way Xavier was looking at Tate when we first met.

"Hey, I'm not as stupid as you may think. You two are pretty obvious. And cute I guess. But could we kind of talk about this later, cause there is this really scary guy behind you who wants to say hi." And not even five seconds after, the attack begun. And I'm not kidding, all hell broke loose.

***********************
Matthews:

Waiting outside the building felt like forever, waiting for group one who entered through the main entrance, to respond and tell us we were able to make an entrance really began to tick me off.

" So, as we wait years for these guys to enlighten us with some information, how are you holding up?" Kade spoke from the left of me. As I shift my eyes away from the building and towards my brother. I tense my eyebrows in confusion.

" How am I holding up on what?"

" Everything, are you sure you are alright. You don't seem to be the same as you used to." Kade stated, making me shrug my shoulders.

" Well, we haven't exactly been in constant contact for a few years now."  Tilting my head back towards the talk structure in front of us.

" Yeah, well I'm trying to make a difference now. I mean look at us, joining our two groups together. How cute" His voice sounding chirpy, as I look to the ground.

" Yeah, I guess so!" Watching the medium length grass sway in the wind before looking towards Kade who was already looking towards me. " But since they passed, it hasn't been the same. And deep down, it's breaking me into so many shards" I mumbled, and it's true. I haven't been the same chippy, full of life guy i once was. But I'll always stay strong for Cashe, he is what matters most to me right now.

" Oh man, why didn't you s- Mr Matthew, Mr Kade, you guys can enter through the front door. It's clear!"  I heard Tom state, as Kade's words are cut short to his dismay.

" I guess we can continue this another time" I mutter before taking off towards the building.
Here goes nothing...

*********************
(Published 30th June 2023)