Massacre

|Jude|

I gazed up at the robotic figures, adorned in their yellow and black armor, and noted how they looked nothing like any angel I had ever seen. They seemed to have been plucked straight from a future where robots had taken over the world.

A murky yellow energy flowed through their metallic bodies, and for a moment, I wondered if it was holy power. I narrowed my eyes and activated my All-Seeing Eyes, causing the world to illuminate with colorful mana particles and purple aether.

Through my enhanced vision, I was able to peer through the metallic bodies of these so-called "angels" and see the true nature of their power.

'It's similar to the asuran mana arts,' I muttered to myself, perplexed. 'But I've never heard of the asuras bestowing such power upon their believers.'

As I contemplated the situation at hand, my thoughts drifted to the inherent advantage the asura had over us, the so-called "lessers." Their superior physical form required constant mana circulation, resulting in a distinct advantage in their mana channels and core structure. While the djinns attempted to level the playing field through spellforms, their efforts only partially succeeded.

The djinn's mana arts were advanced, though not as pronounced as their aetheric arts. Had they focused more on warfare, like the various asuran races, they may have posed a significant threat to all the races of asuras, and potentially could have withstood the Indraths' attack.

My train of thought led me to the conclusion that the "god" in question was nothing more than a powerful asura, utilizing their natural advantage to its fullest potential.

Angelina's concerned voice broke me out of my trance. "Are you sure you're alright?" she asked.

I nodded, then channeled the power of the Destruction and Creation Godrunes to their limits, unleashing a terrifying pressure that made everyone, save for Cordelia and Angelina, instinctively step back.

I unsheathed my sword, eager to test out the new swordsmanship technique I had developed during my training. The battle angles charged at me, but I was undaunted.

With a flick of my wrist, I unleashed the First Movement of the Aether Runic Sword: Heavenly Extinction. The entire world seemed to pause as purple aether began to form above the angels. But they ignored my attack, releasing their holy power to counter my strike.

It was no use. My armor absorbed the holy power, and I lowered my sword to the ground. The mass of destruction fell down on the angels, devouring their holy power as they fell to their deaths.

Angelina breathed out in awe. "Incredible," she said.

I turned to flash her a smile. "It's understandable," I thought. "After all, I just killed three thousand battle angles in one attack."

Suddenly, a giant, six-winged angel descended upon us, her holy power much deeper and stronger than that of the other angles. She was as strong as the Emperor himself.

Cordelia stepped forward. "I'll handle her," she said confidently.

I nodded, watching as Cordelia jumped up, eager for the battle.

|Cordelia|

Using the ambient mana around me, I took flight towards the towering angel. Her face was devoid of any emotion as she sized me up, much like a predator sizing up its prey.

With all four of her massive golden swords drawn, she attempted to strike me from multiple directions, aiming to eliminate me in a single blow. Reacting quickly, I summoned Creation magic to form shields around myself to protect against the onslaught.

But her attack was far from weak. The shields were almost pierced, and I would have perished if I hadn't channeled mana to block two of the swords.

However, even in such a dire situation, I remained confident, unleashing the new Godrune I had acquired through my intense training.

With newfound knowledge of space magic, I tore a hole in the fabric of reality itself, warping myself behind the towering angel.

[Kia's Authority: Space Tear]

Drawing upon aether, I tore through the very fabric of space, disintegrating the golden swords before they could even come close to me.

[Mana Missiles + Spinning + Fire X 100,000]

In a blaze of wind and fire magic, one hundred thousand mana missiles appeared behind me, aimed squarely at my target. The towering angel attempted to counter with holy power, but I had a trump card up my sleeve.

[Kia's Authority: Warp Gate]

Dozens of warp gates manifested in front of my missiles, instantly teleporting them past the angel's holy power barrier, obliterating her form in a fiery explosion.

With her lifeless body falling to the ground, I made my way back to the fortress, feeling proud of my victory.

"Excellent work," Jude praised me, pulling me into a warm embrace.

"Truly impressive," Alexander commented, "As a reward for your success in defending the Western Front, I invite both of you, the heroes of the Hyperion Empire, to a ceremony in your honor."

"Thank you, your Majesty," Cordelia and I replied in unison, sharing a knowing glance between us.