Xyrus City

[Author's notes: So, I am not planning on talking about Arthur's journey in Elenoir since all of that is already on the web novel. ]

Jude POV:

Fire. 

My mana core was on fire. 

I felt like I was getting my life force sucked out of me. 

Bear with it. 

I needed to bear with it. 

However, things were not looking good. My mana core was splintering and breaking apart. The forceful injection of mana combined by the opening of the third gate was too much. I may die already.

Just as those thoughts entered my mind, I felt a green light entering my body, soothing my mana core. It didn't help the mana core build together, however, the pain subsided. I felt like I could breathe again. And then darkness embraced me.

I struggled to open my eyes. I tried to get up but I had no strength in my body. "Mama..." I whispered at the sight of my mom on my side. I still couldn't see properly and barely managed to distinguish her. 

My mom groggily got up and said, "Jude?" 

I said, "Mama, I am awake!"

 Mom got up excitedly and shouted on top of her lungs, "YOU WOKE UP JUDE!" before hugging me with all her might. I struggled to breathe in her embrace but decided to go with it. 

Suddenly, my dad burst into the room. He said, "Oh god, Jude you woke up!" and embraced both mom and me in a bear hug. 

After both of my parents calmed down, I asked them, "What happened to me?" They looked at each other as if deciding what to say. 

Dad said, "You were unconscious for six months. During that time, we reached Xyrus City and decided to stay with my friend's family. My friend is a noble who provided us with magic doctors and experts for you. "

He took a deep breath.

Dd continued, "The forceful injection of mana heavily injured your core, breaking it. The doctors tried to fix your core but weren't able to, however, they were able to stabilize your condition and wake you up from your coma. Arthur ended up in Elenoir after surviving the fall. He saved the elven princess from slave traders and is now staying with the elven royalty for treatment."

"Treatment?" I inquired.

"Yes, treatment. It turns out that both of you had less stable and weaker mana cores because you awakened before your body was ready. Elves have stronger bodies and mana channels and are thus able to awaken at a younger age. This could be another reason for the breaking of your core." He let out a sigh. 

Dad then got on his knees. 

"This is all our mistake, " he said, "we weren't able to protect you two against the yellow core swordsman and now you can't use magic."

I let out a smile. 

Mom and dad both seemed shocked as I said, "But I can still use magic?"

 I created a small whirlwind around my finger. Both of their eyes widened in shock. 

"Incredible!" I heard a young man's voice leak out from the door. I looked over to see a bespectacled man standing next to a young beautiful woman who I presume is his wife. He seemed to be the noble who owns this mansion. 

"To be able to use magic even with a broken core.... are the fragments being used?" he muttered in deep thought.

 My parents both seemed to understand. I slightly nodded my head, "Yes, I think that is. I would also like to introduce myself, I am Jude Leywin and I am thankful to you for letting us stay here and provide treatment for me" I lightly bowed.