Other Side

Arthur POV:

My body blurred as I weaved through the ice spikes conjured by Varay. Once out, I found myself face to face with Bairon, lightning crackling around his body as he struck out with his spear.

I let out a smirk before parrying his thrust with my sword, using the momentum to back out of his range.

Just before my feet were about to touch the ground, gravity around me increased exponentially and my heels dug into the ground.

Mica was coming from the top, using her signature downward hammer strike. Out of the corners of my eyes, I also saw Varay in her Ice Valkryie mode coming near me with dual swords.

Bairon, who was in front of me, thrust his spear with lightning bolts surrounding it.

'This is a bit dangerous,' I thought before activating the Godrune on my back.

Regis woke up and asked me, What's up, princess?

I ignored his comment before asking him, Help me, now!

Fine, fine! he growled before purple-black aether conjured around my body like armour.

Bairon's spear, Varay's swords and Mica's hammer were all pushed back while little damage was done to me.

"It's my win," I said with a grin. 

"But you had to use Regis's help again," Bairon said with a smirk, "We have gotten stronger."

"Yes, Mica is stronger now!"

"We have seen a great increase in power over the seven months here," Varay acknowledged.

I nodded my head in agreement, "All three of you are close to the integration stage now, after all."

They are still no match for the majestic me! Regis said with a bit too much excitement inside my head.

"Ah, you guys are training hard!" a melodious voice caused everyone's head to turn.

Kathyln had a weary but joyful expression on her face as held her swollen belly with her hands. She was being supported by mother and Ellie.

Her transformation over the months was somewhat shocking. She had become more mature, going from a beautiful princess to more of a beautiful mother. She just started to exude his motherly feel, similar to my mother.

Before she became too weak to train, she had the most progress amongst everyone. 

'If only Jude was here,' I thought somewhat bitterly, but I understood that his mission was also important.

My purple armour dissipated and a giant wolf of aether appeared by my side.

"Where's Sylvie and Aya?" I asked.

"They are both on missions," Ellie replied as she helped Kathyln sit down.

Since I was much too busy training all the lances in the ways of aether, Sylvie started going on solo missions or went with other lances as we needed all the manpower possible.

Jude's plan allowed us to evacuate the citizens of Dicathen in time, and we are simply waiting for the asuras to strike the land above.

It left a bitter taste in my mouth but it's not like I can do anything about it. There were still people living above in heavily fortified cities with direct access to the Djinn strongholds.

These cities were used as fronts to hold back the Alacaryan army and rescue other Dicathenians that may have been taken as slaves.

Suddenly, I felt a ripple inside my body and pain raked my senses. My body fell to the ground and I held my head in pain while screaming, "AAHHH!"