Epilogue

[A/N: Needed to add some additional information before the Alacarya arc.]

|Arthur|

Shame and guilt weighed heavily on my chest. I couldn't shake off the feeling that I had abandoned my own brother to face an army of enemies alone. As I carried Kathyln away, tears streamed down my face, blurring my vision.

The sound of approaching footsteps and battle cries behind us only served to intensify my despair. I had never felt so helpless before. Not only had we lost Tessia, but I had also lost my brother.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts and focus on the present. Tessia might still be alive, and Jude was strong. Maybe he could survive this. But deep down, I knew it was unlikely.

Kathyln had stopped struggling by then, and I looked over to see that she was silently weeping. We both knew what the situation meant, but I was trying to deny it.

As we reached the Castle, Virion, Bairon, and Varay were waiting for us. Virion's frown deepened as he noticed the absence of Tessia and Jude.

"Where are Jude and Tessia?" he demanded.

I couldn't find the words to reply, and my tears fell even more freely. I allowed Virion to pull me into his embrace, seeking comfort in his strong arms. Varay approached Kathyln, offering her a shoulder to cry on.

____________________________________________________

|Kathyln|

"We must go back now!" I urged Commander Virion and the lances, trying to keep my voice steady despite the panic that was gripping me.

But Virion shook his head. "Not yet. You both need to rest. Besides, we don't know if the Vritras are still there."

Arthur surprised me by nodding in agreement. I felt a wave of betrayal wash over me. How could he suggest waiting? Didn't he care about Jude?

"If we go back too soon, Jude's sacrifice will have been for nothing," Arthur said, as if he could read my thoughts. "We have to give it at least an hour."

Reluctantly, I tried to see things from his perspective. Maybe he was right. Maybe rushing in now would only lead to more losses.

"Rest first," General Bairon added, his voice kind but firm. "We'll leave as soon as we can."

I nodded, feeling numb as I went to the room Jude and I shared. Everything looked the same, but it felt different somehow. Empty.

I changed my clothes mechanically, then lay down on the bed. It still smelled of Jude. I buried my face in the pillow and let the tears fall.

Was Jude really gone? It couldn't be true. He was always the invincible one, the one who could beat any obstacle. He couldn't have died like this. Could he?

__________________________________________

|Jude|

The battle raged on, my body moving on instinct as I deflected attacks and struck down enemies with ease. All my worries and emotions were pushed aside, replaced by a single focus on the battlefield.

As the fight continued, my body began to ache, every movement threatening to be my last. But amidst the pain, a strange feeling began to grow inside me. It was like an electric current running through my veins, invigorating me with each strike and block.

I realized it was growth - a sense of becoming stronger with each passing moment. It was exhilarating, and I pushed myself further, landing a powerful attack on the Vritra wielding a shield. My sword shattered, but I didn't falter. Instead, I brought my fist down with all my might, shattering the Vritra's mana core.