Wraiths

Jude POV:

Light creaked through the windows. My eyes fluttered open as I stared at the ceiling hanging over my head.

Feeling Cordelia lying on my hand, I carefully slid her off my arm before waking her up.

"Good morning Cordelia," I said with a smile as she stirred awake. 

"Ah Jude, you woke up already!" she said with as she flashed a smile at me.

Her sheet left her body but she didn't bother covering it like Kathyln did after our first time together.

"Let's have a bath" she said slyly as she kissed me on the lips with her cheeks tinted red. I nodded as we both went in together.

After we were ready, we both stepped out of the bedroom together.

In the living room, I found a drowsy Caera who looked like she would fall asleep any moment now.

Hearing our footsteps, her head snapped to our side before her face turned completely red.

"Why were you two so loud last night!" she screamed with an accusing look in her eyes.

"Jude, didn't you set the sound barrier?" Cordelia looked incredulously at me.

"Oops," I let out as I realized my mistake, "I forgot to conjure the sound barrier around us."

Cordelia sighed while Caera continued her rant about how the two of us wouldn't let her sleep all night.

"Let's leave that matter for now," Cordelia said in frustration as Caera grumbled some curses under her breath.

"Where's Seris?" I asked when I noticed her mana signature was not in the city.

"She's on her own mission," Caera answered as she explained what Seris was doing.

Nodding in understanding, my eyes glinted as I formulated our next plan, "It's time to assassinate the group of Vritra assassins."

_____________________________________________

Jude POV:

Wraiths.

Powerful Vritras who together in a group who were created by Agrona to kill adult asuras. Not high-ranking ones like Windsom, but adult mid-ranking asuras who make up the greatest firepower of Kezess.

Individually, there power isn't something I need to be wary off, but its their astonishing teamwork that sets them apart from others.

And today, I was going to kill of the platoons of Wraiths on a secret mission.

'Seris and Cordelia's information network is far superior to what I believed,' I thought as I quickly neared the base that was the meeting place of this platoon when they weren't under any orders from Agrona.

[All-seeing Eyes]

Activating my technique by siphoning aether and mana to my eyes, I was able to make out the frankly well-hidden secret base that served as their hideout.

'To think that I would have to go all the way to Truacia,' my brows furrowed, 'Agrona is quite cunning to hide his secret weapons deep inside the most precious dominion.'

Gathering aether around my fist, I punched through the wall. My eyes quickly scanned the five figures spread across the chamber.

"You must be the Wraiths" I said with a smirk, taking in each figure.

The foremost was a tall, broad-shouldered man. Flowing locks of earth-brown hair tumbled around thick, corkscrew horns that stuck up several inches from the top of his head. He wore red chainmail under black half-plate armour that glowed with protective runes.