Alacarya | Season 4

Jude POV:

The most heartfelt departure was from my family and Kathyln. I was thinking about marrying her soon and now I had to go on another adventure. 

She clung onto me and refused to let me go on the day I had to leave. Finally, I whispered into her ear, "Let's get married after all of this is over."

Her ears turned red and she instantly let me go. 

"Come back safely," Ellie called out to me in tears as she grabbed me from behind. I saw mother trying to keep her tears at bay. She had become much stronger emotionally ever since father died.

"I will," I looked straight into mother's eyes and declared with confidence. 

"We should get going now," Seris said slightly coldly. I nodded my head and stepped into the teleportation gate with Cordelia and Seris. 

The scenery around me transformed and a bustling city came into view. The city was much more advanced than anything I had seen on Dicathen.

"Welcome to Alacarya," Cordelia said in her melodious voice as she looked a my amused expression. 

"We are now in the Aramoor City, a small city located in Etriel, the eastern dominion," Seris stated as she looked at me.

Small city? How in world was this a small city? 

The guards bowed to us and made way as we explored the city. Restaurants specialising in cuisines from various dominions were packed together like a modern day city. 

I noticed how none of the citizens were carrying money. Cordelia seemed to have realized what I was thinking as she whispered, "There is something called a runecard. They act like credit cards and are linked to the Alacarya Bank, pretty much removing the necessity of carrying around coins."

I nodded my head but was secretly marvelling at how incredible the technology here was. Agrona was not lying when he said that the quality of life here was much better compared to Dicathen.

"What's out next step?" I asked curiously after I was done looking around. 

"Using our influence, we made a fake identity for you. We also have a disguising relic powered by aether and an ascender license that you will need to go to relictombs."

"Relictombs?" I titled my head in confusion.

"The tombs of the Djinns that contain the various relics used by them. Since the Vritras cannot go there themselves, Agrona made this system so that they can be excavated."

"What about dungeons or adventurers?"

"All the dungeons were closed by Agrona to 'protect' the people of Alacarya."

"We should go to the estate prepared for us." Seris said in a serious tone.

We both followed her to the mansion. It was bigger than the house I lived in back at Dicathen. 

"These mansions are for ascenders that are from highblood," Seris explained to me. "Highbloods are basically powerful families of Alacarya," she added as if she read my mind.

I sat down on the couch facing Seris and Cordelia. Cordelia then said, "I'll take on the identity of my sister, Caera, as she is an ascender."

"Wait, you are going with him?" Seris asked in shock.

Cordelia nodded to which I asked, "But then, what about your position as a Scythe?"

"Caera can take my place. I don't really do anything major and Seris will also be there to cover for her."