Understanding

-Adam POV-

A couple of hours have passed since Ahri showed me the memories she had of that night on the beach, and I can't shake them out of my head.

The image of (Y/N), so broken and scared. I knew through her memories, she felt what was going on inside him. He wasn't exactly scared of having killed someone, he was scared of Ahri turning her back at him. He was scared of being treated like a monster by the people he cares about.

And I don't think he is one.

In just that memory, I could feel, what Ahri sensed that moment. Even when he didn't understands it himself. He is willing to go to the end of the world, jump into hell's depths and climb his way back for the people he loves.

And that night turned Ahri into the number one referent for that category for him.

Despite being brutal and aggressive in that memory, despite acting like a mindless monster of destruction, I can't see him as one.

But I can't really say he is entirely on the right...

To take someone's life like he did, out of rage, out of a desire to protect others. It's confusing, but I guess it falls down into that morally gray area that humanity is known for.

I wouldn't be capable of doing it, even when I tell myself I would fight until my last breath for those who are important to me.

But then I stop and wonder, do I love anyone?

I know it's my desire to love Ahri, for her to love me. We are taking a path to achieve that, to be able to share our happiness with each other and maybe open a path for a family on our own. Even beyond the kids she now has.

And that's another thing to consider. Will she be a good mother for them?

She tries, for real, but she doesn't seem to be ready. I'm afraid she might have made a bad decision when she adopted them.

There's many things waiting for everyone in the future but, I'm not sure it's a good idea to just focus on that.

If anything, despite my confusion, I will just carry on, focusing on the now and doing my best.

That means, getting ready for the day. We moved into a new house, now I'm going to be living under the same roof as KDA, under the same roof as my girlfriend. I have to do my absolute best to make it work. For both of us.

*Knock knock*

Just as I kept preparing myself mentally for, basically the rest of my life at this point. I heard someone calling at my door, and as I got closer to it, I could hear someone mumbling stuff on the other side. When I opened the door, I found myself looking at Kayle.

Me: Oh, Mrs. Kayle, what are you doing here? Do you need something?

Kayle: Please, just call me Kayle, I'm not that old, I'm just 67.

I... will not comment on a lady's age.

Kayle: I'm also not married so if you were saying it in that sense, it's not right either.

Me: Oh, sorry about that, it's just a little habit I picked up growing up, took me a while to know the difference between Miss and Mrs. And by the time I did, I already had the habit to just say Mrs.

Kayle: *chuckles* Sounds kind of adorable.

Me: Sure... Well then, do you need anything?

Kayle: Yes, actually. I was unpacking my own stuff and I noticed that something was missing. A necklace to be precise, maybe you have it?