Panic and Comfort*

Blood sprayed, her screams were cut short when her head met the lamp post. The lantern fell, shattering across her back as she collapsed. I ran to her, knowing the males behind me would take care of the attacker.

I burned my hands slapping the flames on her back, rolling her over with a grunt to completely extinguish them. I ripped a claw through her dress, tearing through the fabric that was melting to her skin. Blood beaded, but the scratch I had left was nothing compared to what the dress was doing.

I continued to tear off her dress, rolling her back onto her front to take off the worst part of it. Angry snarls were coming from behind me. Killian and Az had already killed the male, and now they were towering over me. Glaring at me as I stripped their younger sister.

"We need to get her to water," I muttered, the males beside me instantly moved.

Az grabbed her legs, Killian gripped her arms and together they moved quickly through the garden. I trailed after them, my hands burning from the blisters forming on my hands. We arrived at a small clear fountain and the males lifted her limp body into the freezing water.

Clear water turned pink, and my stomach rolled, the urge to puke over taking my body. I swallowed down the vomit welling in my throat. My own feelings aren't important right now. Maeve needed a healer.

"Keep her in the water," Killian growled, black eyes flicking towards Maeve before narrowing in on Az, "I'll go get the healer."

He disappeared into the darkness, leaving Az and I staring at Maeve's still body, lying in the shallow water. I ripped off a piece of fabric from the bottom of my dress, dipping my hands into the water. There were deep gouges on her abdomen, dark red blood leaking out like my own had when Dran sliced my skin.

"It looks deep," I said softly, my voice scratching out of my throat as if I hadn't talked in weeks.

"She'll be okay," Azrael's voice was a low growl. More comforting than it should have been.

"He had her up against a tree," I said softly, remembering his angry words, "I-I think he was trying to..."

My mate snarled, his fisted hand thumping against the dirt, "He didn't though. Right?"

"No," I replied, wincing when I readjusted my hands on her abdomen, "I only saw him hit her, and then when I yelled at him to stop he grabbed her and ran. I know it looks bad, but we weren't ourselves and... it felt so good."

"What did?" He asked softly, silver eyes meeting mine.

"Hurting him," I took a deep breath, looking down at Maeve's face, her lips parted as she breathed, "Dran was dead before I could hurt him the way he hurt me, but I could hurt that male for hurting her and I loved it. I want to do it again. I want to watch the light leave his eyes."

"I like that," He gave me a small smile that quickly disappeared.

I replied, "When I killed that assassin you wanted to-"

I blushed, ducking my heated face. Reliving the memory of Az getting hard when he saw me standing over a dead male's body. Covered in his blood.

Footsteps sounded from behind us and before I could blink my mate was standing. Fully shifted he blocked his sister and I from view. Warmth unfurled in my chest, appreciating the protective gesture.

"Relax," Killian huffed, a tall lanky male with white peppering his hair following closely behind him, "She's over there. Deep punctures in her stomach and burns on her back. Possibly a head wound."