Chapter 23: A trip down the memory lane

"You look pretty energetic today, Admiral

"You look pretty energetic today, Admiral." Kevin and H. Hood stood next to each other on an isolate dock opposite to the main dockyards of the naval base. It's still too early for the sun to rise so darkness surrounding them like a thick layer of ink. This was the perfect time to depart for a secret mission as no one had woken up yet.

"Well our biology clock has been screwed up a lot, right? Fighting the enemy days and nights, nonstop..." Admiral answered, her eyes gazed to the far end of the vast sea. "Also we are going to rescue "me" of this world, that's something worth being energetic for..."

"Oh yeah, since Bel and Wales haven't arrived yet I need to give you this..." From thin air, a big cardboard box was conveniently put on the Commander's hands.

"What is in this big box?" H. Hood confusedly received the object from the man. Its top wasn't packaged properly so there's gap that the Pride of the Royal Navy could stare in but to no avail since the sun hadn't risen.

"You can open it. Enterprise sewed them herself after knowing that you guys are alright over here..." Kevin explained.

"Sewed?" Curiosity took over the woman as she slipped her hand into the box and pulled out something...

"Wait... These are plushies?"

 These are plushies?"

"Yeah. Everyone in the expeditionary team gets one. I think yours is somewhere at the bottom of the box." The man dressed in white shoved his hands into his pockets while looking straight forward, to the unknown. "That's my wife. She always looks after others..."