Chapter 12: The aftermath

(Wholesome, I know)

Current location: 3 miles from Azur Lane base, 10:00 am.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nemesis and Wales then separated from the hug before the battleship left the control tower and walked downstairs to brief the other girls about the Commander's request. As soon as he was left alone the man picked up his teacup with three fingers, leaving the small ceramic plate back on the table. He then gracefully sipped his cup of tea while his eyes slightly closed, aiming at the support fleet approaching them from the horizon.

"Hope that she doesn't screw it up..."

"She won't, Dad... Wales is quite clumsy at the first sight but if that's Commander's order, she will complete it excellently."

"That's a relief to hear, thanks Purifier."

"No problem, it's my job to observe them after all..."

...

...

...

"Wait a minute..." Realizing something was wrong, the two slowly turned their faces towards each other.

...

"NEMESIS?!!"

"PURIFIER?!!"

A minute of explanation later

"Tch... That guy really screwed it up, didn't he?" H. Purifier scratched the back of her head as she recalled that short reunion with her family in Kevin?'s dreamscapes.

"Yeah... And now I'm stuck in your dad's body. It's only a day though so don't worry..." Nemesis assured Kevin's older daughter while once again looking out of the window.

"But still... it's weird..." H. Purifier sighed, putting her hands insider her pockets.

...

"So how's our group at here? You know, Project ARK?" Nemesis asked as a notebook and a pencil materialized on the table before being picked up by the Commander to note down necessary information that would help Kevin when he woke up.

"Well nothing out of usual... Except Laffey started to learn how to drink wine, there's a grape shortage in this world because Deutschland and I conducted several missions to steal them, the Cleveland brothers accidently fucked up an Eagle Union airbase after mistaking them for Sirens' warehouses... And that one!" The Siren pointed her finger upwards as something clicked in her head.

"What one?" Nemesis asked, stopping his pen abruptly.

"Duncan and Princess (H. Unicorn) got married."

...

...

...

"Hah! That will be on top of the list! Can't wait to see Kevin's face when he knows it!" Nemesis excitedly wrote down what H. Purifier had just said on top of the small yellow page. "So how about the Honkai in this world?"

"There's a few encounters scattered across the world, ranging from zombies to Templar-class Honkai beasts. It's a blessing that there's no Impact had occurred, yet... This world is not ready to fight the first let alone the sixth or seven or even the End... And I haven't even talked about the Sirens in this world..."