There were many paintings hanging on both sides of the wall including oil paintings, sketches, etc. Their eyes swept over the paintings such as an empty cage filled with branches, a deep blue sea with white paint dipped on the tip of the waves or an empty ball.

Xiao Li paused for a while at each painting, admiring the paintings before walking forward. He was just like a visitor who really came to enjoy the exhibition.

This made the others anxious. Apart from Zheng Yi and his group, the rest of the reincarnators and security guards didn't want to stay here for too long. According to their thoughts, they could go out after a quick patrol so they wouldn't deal with anything. As for the terrible ghosts and the task, wasn't there still tomorrow?

The deep darkness here was always reminiscent of all types of ghosts.

Fu Guangbo was the first one who couldn't bear it and he squeezed out a smile. "Hercule, we can look slowly next time. For now, we should focus on the task. Let's go back and discuss it as soon as possible."

Xiao Li's eyes moved away from the sketch of the vase and fixed on Fu Guangbo for three seconds. Then he casually replied, "Okay."

He turned his head and walked forward.

Fu Guangbo sighed with relief. He had thought he would be rejected. He didn't expect Hercule to be so approachable this time. However, he didn't see that after their group turned to leave, the wave pattern in the deep darkness changed slightly.

If they had turned around at this time, they would've found that the white waves weren't undulating but were actually the pale faces of people! The faces slowly turned around and stared at their backs, the faces attached to the frame.

***

The corridor was long and there were many paintings. It seemed like it would never end.

Gao Yao was walking behind the reincarnators. He couldn't say how he felt. He hadn't actually gone into these pavilions a few days ago and fortunately kept his life.

According to common sense, he should cry and resign on the spot. However, for his high salary and obedience to his duties, he had stayed. Now he entered with these people and wanted to run away. He just didn't dare to do it alone and could only continue to follow the team.

This place was weird. All the paintings were vivid and exquisite.

Gao Yao inexplicably felt a breeze. He looked up at the sketch closest to him and noticed that the team in front was gradually pulling away from him. He turned his head away and wanted to speed up his pace.

However, the moment he walked forward, the corner of his eye saw something that caused him to freeze and all the blood in his body to become cold. The sketch was originally a piece of sugar wrapper spread out on a table. There was no colour in the sketch. Gao Yao could vaguely recognize it as a candy produced by the candy factory but he couldn't identify which one it was.

Then the moment he lifted his feet, he found that the wrapper had turned into a face! The layers of folds in the original wrapper looked more like a wrinkled face. The black lines were the wrinkles on this face. The most important thing was that this face was somehow familiar for some reason.

The fact noticed Gao Yao's presence and opened its mouth. Gao Yao couldn't even let out a cry. He felt like he was choked by something and then he lost consciousness. If someone turned around, they would've seen him disappear.

The sketch turned its head stiffly and looked at the back of the team again. In the many paintings they passed by, there were many faces staring at them greedily like they were delicious food.