Chapter 40

The train was very luxurious. Every carriage had red carpet, making the texture at the feet very soft. Crystal lamps hung from the roof and the shaking of their bodies was slight enough to be negligible.

The messenger standing at the door of a carriage was dressed in formal attire and wore white gloves on his hands to guide the reincarnators from the station.

Usually, train passengers carried luggage but the reincarnators were travelling lightly. Only a few people carried bags. The employee took the bags with a polite smile. "Welcome to the Dream Train. I am your attendant, Deng Kan. The VIP guests, you will be in first class. Let me lead you there and I hope you enjoy the journey on the Dream Train."

Jiang Yishe turned slightly. "Mr Deng, can I ask who else are the VIPs?"

The attendant replied, "This gentleman, we aren't allowed to reveal anyone's identity."

The young man nodded. "I understand."

Deng Kang was relieved and walked ahead, leading the crowd.

The rooms were well-distributed and different from the quadruple room in the CG. The first-class car was a single room with a separate bathroom. The decorations were quite luxurious, the bed was soft and had silk-like covers. There was a touch of perfume in the air and it was better than the treatment of Gathering Soul Village.

Once Xiao Li entered the room, the little black cat ran out of the little yellow book and sniffed the air. He choked on the perfume and wrinkled his nose.

Xiao Li bowed his head and looked at the cat for three seconds. Suddenly, he reached out and used his thumb and forefinger to pinch the ears. "Your ears are bigger than your head. Are you a rabbit or a cat?"

The little black cat was pinched and he showed an expression similar to Tuzki (famous Chinese illustrated rabbit). He soon broke away from Xiao Li and jumped to the foot of the bed. "Meow meow meow mie!"

He looked quite angry and the last sound was different.

Xiao Li wanted to tease the black cat some more but there was a sudden knock on the door. He walked over and opened it to see Deng Kang smiling at him. "This gentleman, dinner starts from 5 o'clock. Today, there is a complimentary bottle of red wine to welcome you."

Xiao Li nodded and sent away the diligent attendant. It wasn't long until 5 o'clock. It had already been afternoon when they arrived. Xiao Li took a short break in his room before walking towards the dining room.

The train's dining room as a carriage. The glass was very clean, reflecting the scenery inside the carriage. They could also see the sky passing by quickly without any hindrance. A musician was playing in the corner and good music flowed through the carriage.

By the time Xiao Li arrived, the two people Jiang and Tian were sitting at a long table along with the other reincarnators. Tian Ji seemed to have a good impression of Xiao Li. He saw Xiao Li appear and immediately waved. "Sherlock, over here."

Xiao Li walked over and took a seat.

Jiang Yishe smiled. "Sherlock, we are analyzing the task. Would you like to listen?"

Tian Ji didn't care about Jiang Yishe and straight out said, "We now have two tasks. The first one is to live to the terminal and there are no clues at the moment. The other one is that we must get close to at least one passenger to protect them."

Jiang Yishe continued, "According to the existence of the second task, this train journey will have at least one killing event. Otherwise, the task wouldn't emphasize 'at least one', indicating it is rare and difficult."