Xiao Li asked, "Do you want me to escort you back?"

"No, Brother Hercule." Xiao Tu shrank back. She looked a bit scared as she whispered her reply.

Xiao Tu rubbed her eyes while looking at Xiao Li's shoulder. Finally, she didn't say anything and passed him to walk toward the stairs.

The light ghost was resting on Xiao Li's shoulder. It turned in a circle and asked in a low voice, "Just let her go?"

The light ghost was the only light source in this dark lobby. Xiao Li's back was against a hard and cold door. He glanced at the light ghost before suddenly reaching out and stuffing it in his pocket. The light ghost complained. "Wait, I can't breathe. Do it lighter, you-"

Wasn't this person too fast to get rid of it once it ceased to be useful? Xiao Li held it with one index finger and closed his eyes.

His other four senses became sharper without his sight. In darkness, in addition to the rain falling against the windows, there was the sound of footsteps. If his eyes were open, it was flexible, brisk and so soft that he couldn't hear any sound at all.

However, once his eyes were closed, the footsteps became dull, sharp and noisy. The weight of these footsteps didn't belong to a little girl. Compared to her white shoes on small feet, the footsteps were more like leather shoes carrying the weight of an adult man.

Step, step, step.

Every time it descended, the hell of the leather shoe would drop a heavy sound on the ground. Was this why the evil spirit walked on tiptoe? In this hotel, there were only two people wearing leather shoes.

Jiang Linwen and President Hu.

Xiao Li also closed his eyes briefly when Xiao Tu passed by him. At that moment, the body odor coming from the little girl wasn't heavy but it existed. This smell shouldn't belong to a young girl. It was more like an adult man's body odor.

President Hu socialized all year round. Even if he didn't smoke, there should be the smell of smoke on him. This smell was more like...

Jiang Linwen.

The footsteps belonging to the leather shoes went further and further and disappeared upstairs. In the dark hall, Xiao Li let go of the light ghost, opened his eyes and closed the lobby door.

***

The next day.

Abel's death was discovered very early.

Since the duo often broke away from the group and gave others a gloomy feeling, his death didn't make people feel sad. They were just afraid their turn would be next. Only Abbott felt sad and he took care of the body himself.

The reincarnators gathered at the door of Abel's room and watched Abbott move his body.

Xiao Tu was hiding behind Zhen Ziqiang but her mind wasn't on Abel. She was looking at Xiao Li with a heavy heart. Then once Xiao Li glanced at her, Xiao Tu looked away again. It was as if she was afraid he would pursue her inexplicable appearance in the corridor last night.

Zheng Yi watched the two of them and then carefully dragged Xiao Li out to ask.

Xiao Li stared at Jiang Linwen in the distance. The man was standing in the front and carefully observing Abel's body while thinking of something. Xiao Li grabbed Zheng Yi's hand and wrote a name on the other person's palm with his finger.

Zheng Yi raised the palm of his hand. "...This person is 'it'?"

"Maybe."

Zheng Yi wondered, "Then what are you waiting for? Aren't you going to identify it?"