6 - Max

"You really like her, don't you?" I asked. Jordan and I were standing at our lockers, exchanging our books before we headed down to lunch.

"Yeah," Jordan said with a sigh. "She's just...she's different, ya know? She initiated a whole debate with me over the top three toppings on pizzas. She really picked through my mind. I liked that about her. I think I'm gonna take her out again this weekend."

I raised my eyebrows. "You've known the girl three days and you're already whipped. This is terrifying."

Jordan rolled his eyes. "Wait until you find a girl you actually like and then we'll talk about terrifying. I wouldn't be surprised if you followed her around like a love struck puppy and obeyed her every command. The right girl will probably have you wrapped around her finger."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "That's where you're wrong, esé. I won't be finding a girl I actually like. I'm not ready for the commitment and lovey dovey bullshit. I get that you are, and I completely support that. You deserve to be happy. I, however, am going to continue being a ho."

Jordan laughed. "I guess I'll have to support that as long as you're happy – and not dying of either some type of sexual disease or from the wrath of your baby momma's father."

"Don't worry. I've been hoeing safely."

"Good. I'm not looking forward to being a godfather anytime soon."

"But I am looking forward to being a best man soon."

Jordan shook his head. "Just don't get me in trouble the night before I get married. Remember that I am getting married for a reason."

"And remember I'll still be a ho so I'll be needing some strippers for a reason."

Jordan laughed. He opened his mouth to respond when a hand collided with my shoulder, shoving me harshly against my locker.

I turned around to see Zavion and some of his friends walking past us. A smirk painted Zavion's face, and his friends were chuckling quietly.

"Is there a problem?" I asked.

Zavion, and his crew, stopped. "Yeah. The fact that you haven't been sent back to your country yet."

I took a step towards Zavion, but Jordan grabbed my arm. "I'm gonna send you to your grave if you keep talking," I snapped, ignoring Jordan's grip on my arm.

"Stop, Max. Drop it for right now. Handle it after school," Jordan murmured.

"You should be sending a postcard to your father. Oh wait, I forgot: you don't know where he is." Zavion laughed. "He's probably off fucking some young broad on the beach and enjoying life without you and the rest of your fucked-up family." His smile fell. "Fucking illegal alien."

I shook off Jordan's hand and charged towards the other boy.

My vision went red as I raised my fist and swung at Zavion. My fist collided with Zavion's jaw, sending him stumbling back a couple of steps.

Zavion didn't stay in his stunned daze for long. He immediately swung back at me.

I ducked underneath his fist and sent a strong punch to Zavion's stomach.

He leaned over from the pain, and I took the opportunity to kick him down to the ground.

I lunged onto him and bombarded his face with lethal punches. I felt Zavion get a few cheap shots in at my cheek, but I didn't stop. I kept punching, intending to shut his ass up for good.

It was only a few moments until my arms were forcefully restrained by one of the

security guards. My disadvantage led to Zavion getting a few free hits. I kicked him a few times as the guard pulled me to my feet.