Chapter 18: Leba's feelings

Heavy rain has poured down on the Encanto town, in the town hall where some people are inside is where the Madrigal Family are after the destruction of their Casita. Some are worried about Mirabel's disappearance  and the others are concern of Leba whose injury by a falling title on his head. Julieta was besides him tending his care as well Annie whose holding his hand.

Then the delivering man, the father and Innes came to the Town Hall as Julieta and Agustin walk towards them as they ask them. "Do you found Mirabel?" They all shook their head in disappoint as Julieta went to Agustin's arms as he conforms her. "Let's hope for Mirabel to be ok. We find her." Agustin tells Julieta as she remains concern. Then Vivian roll her eyes and sighed, "Why bother, she is gone. She left the Encanto already." Annie was upset at her sister, "Vivian! Don't say that!!" She exclaimed as Vivian sigh and shrug "What do you expected she's blaming herself for the Casita's destruction and she's nowhere to be found." 

"Vivian! That's enough, if you don't like here then you should go back home!" Annie's mom gave Vivian a serious glare which makes her afraid and convinces as she leaves. Annie's mother went over to Julieta and Annie, "I'm sorry about my elder daughter, Julieta." She apologizes to Julieta as she held her hand, "It's okay, I can only hope that  my little Mirabel is finding a place to be safe from the thunderstorm." Julieta said as she looks through the window where is it still raining and thundering. Annie held up Leba's Journal which caught everyone's attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere outside of the Encanto, in the forrest. Mirabel was running  through as she was running as fast as she can. She was feeling guilty and shamed cause the Family Madrigal lose their miracle and Casita, she also saw her brother was injury by the destruction. She was too distracted that her Sandals were caught by some tree roots from the ground which cause the lances to rip  and then it made Mirabel loses Balances as her skirt was caught by a bushes with thorn branches as it rips a tear. It made Mirabel fell down through a downhill which has rocks and branches. Then she stops by landed on a mud puddle which cover her face, as she gets up she felt something warm and wet from her nose. She check and it was blood, it shocks her as she remembers seeing the wound on her brother's face as she remembers her Grandmother's words, "But it no excuse for YOU to hurt THIS family!!" 

Then she began to cry as Tears sprout from both of her eyes as she whimpered "Maybe you're right.....I make things worst...." She sniffed and cried as she resumes walking and limbing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Encanto, in the town hall Julieta and the rest of the family were surprised to see Annie holding Leba's personal journal. "Is that Leba's Journal?" Luisa asked as Annie nod as she explained when she opens it. "Yes, Leba accidentally left it after he explained of why did he hide his gift from his family and Friends." She explained as she opens it and began to read it to the family.

'April 17th,  

Abuela is doing again, when Tia Pepa need help for her Book club meeting Mirabel and I lend our help. But Abuela told us that to leave it to Luisa who can carry all of wooden couches and chairs by herself with one arm. But to me, Luisa is stressful for doing that, I can tell by the looks on my strong big sister's face. I wish that she can take a break.'

Luisa was heart felting  by Leba's words, Annie went to the nexts page and read it.

'April 20th,

Isabela is upset at me and Mirabel, all we did that we accidentally spill our juice into her new dress. It was one little stain and she yell at us very loudly. She's overreaching, I remember when I was young as a three year old. When I was drinking my juice, I accidentally spills it parts of her dress. Unlike the future, she forgave me and gets me a new cup juice, it really. made me feel better and I remember where Mirabel  and Isabela does a fashion showcase  where I pretend to be interest of their dresses. But to my personal opinion, they're weird. Yet I wish Isabela would treat us equal, I'm not saying that I wanted to be perfect. But I wanted to be myself like Isabela and Mirabel.'

Isabela felt surprisedly as she recall memories of Her and her sister and brother as child.

'October 17th,

Today's my Mom's birthday, in fact it's the birthday of there Madrigal Triplets. My mom, My Tia Pepa, and My Tio Bruno's birthday. I wish my Tio Bruno was here, I would give him the biggest hug that I ever hug. But every time when I mention his name,  Pepa and Abuela wasn't happy to hear it. Tia Pepa always get upset by mentioning or talk about Tio Bruno, cause Tio Bruno ruin her wedding day. But I think that is selfish of her, why can't she see that he's trying to make her feel better with a joke pun. I remember when I was young, when she and my mom had an argument about his left to the family. I even heard my Tia Pepa calling my Uncle a 'Curse to this family' How could she SAY that? They're brother and sister, they should care about each other, not judge them. If my mom does care for her brother, then why didn't she stop him from leaving. She just stand there and left him leave.'

Julieta felt guilt in her heart knowing that Leba's right and Tia Pepa was shock to heard from those words. Then Annie turn to another pages and show it to the family "This is one was written on Antonio's birthday, and this is heart felting"

'May 17

Antonio is nervous, cause he was scared that he'll be watch by the people in the town. There hasn't been a gift ceremony since my 'gift' ceremony went bad, but the one who felt mostly hard  is my sister Mirabel. Ever Since she didn't get her gift, her and Abuela Alma's relationship became severe distant. Every time I look at Abuela telling Mirabel to let the rest of the gifted Madrigal to do the work, it made me upset. Mirabel wanted to help that all, she's acting like she's not part of the family, when my mom tried to cheer her; it might've cheer up, but it won't heal Mirabel's heart and that person whose breaking her heart is my own Grandmother who saw out my sister as a 'disappointment'. And when Antonio receive his gift,  Abuela praise him as she tell that he is 'special' for having a gift and it really  put an impact to Mirabel's feelings. Mirabel is feeling that she doesn't belong to this family, they even took a picture of  themselves without Mirabel or me in it. They didn't even notices, to me I wish...nevermind. We may be the Madrigal family, but we're not a family or even acting like a real Family.'

"This is what Leba wrote before everything has happen," Annie said, everyone felt it. Unknown to them, Abuela overheard it from outside. She was outside to get fresh air, she was shocked to hear what Annie said on Leba's Journal. Then she notices on the ground, a piece paper was dripping down the downstream. Despise it being wet, she's able to pick it up it was one of Leba's artwork sketches. It was showing an unfinished artwork  of her and a young Mirabel hugging each other, nexts to Abuela is Abuelo Pedro giving a kiss to Mirabel in the cheeks. Then the paper suddenly tear apart from the rain, Abuela look at the ruins of the Casita "Oh, Pedro.......What have I done?" She said, then she looked at the split mountain afar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------