Chapter 6: Save the magic

While the party still continues without Mirabel, she joins her mother in the kitchen. Mirabel was sure of what she and her brother saw, and also she's a bit worried about his outburst of not caring for getting a Gift in front of the whole family. Surely her mother believes her and is mostly worried about her son run away.

"If It was all in my head, how I did I cut my hand? We would never ruin Antonio's night. Is that really what you think?" Mirabel asked, Julieta replies back.

"What I think is that today Was very hard for the both of you."

"That's not....," Mirabel started. "We were looking out for the family. And Leba might not be superstrong like Luisa or me being effort perfect like 'Seniorita Perfecta' Isabela, who's never even had a bad hair day, but...." Mirabel sighed at how she sounded "Whatever."

The house used the counter to deliver an Arepa to Mirabel's mom.

"I wish you could see yourself the way I do," Her mom said. "You are perfect just like this. You are just as special as anyone else in this family." Mirabel's mom pressed the aprepa into her hand and held it tight. After Mirabel took a bite, her wound on her hand began to heal up which she roll her eyes as she look at her mom. 

"You just heal my hand with a Arepa con queso." 

"I healed your hand with my love for my daughter, with her wonderful brain....," Mirabel's mom playfully responded, pulling her for a squeeze. Mirabel tries to wiggle away. "Ugh." She  rolled her eyes. 

"Big heart.."

"Stop."

"Cool glasses!"

"Mama," Mirabel said as her mom gave her a big kiss on the cheek. "Ay, the amo, cost Linda."

"We know what we saw," Mirabel said, not wanting to let the subject go. Her mom sighed,"Mira, my brother, Bruno, lost his way in this family," Julieta said. "I don't want the same for you and your brother. Get some sleep. You'll feel better tomorrow, and in meantime me and your father are going look for you brother."

Mirabel finished her Arepa as she goes upstairs, Julieta puts away her apron and walks out of the  kitchen. But she stops at picture frame which shows her and a young Mirabel and Leba. She was kissing her two children, Mirabel was happily wiggling away and Leba was sticking his tongue out to show that he feel gross out. "Oh, my little Leba. Why did you say something so, upsetting?" She thought as her husband, Agustin is at the door holding a lantern. She and Agustin began to search for their son,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the party was over, and the townspeople are heading back home. All but Ines and Annie and her family who were last to leave, they were help with Tia Pepa and Tio Felix with the cleaning up in Antonio's room. "Wow, Pepa! Today's party was a blast!" Annie's mother said, Pepa smiled "I know, and I can hardly believe that my little boy can speak to animals!", "Hopefully, they're all house trained and hope that they're..." Felix stop when he see Pepa glaring at him as a cloud, "Nevermind." Luisa and Isabela were picking up the plate, "Some party, right sis?", "Yes, it was some party." But then they notices Antonio who's sitting on a stone stairway and he was kinda sad. "Hey, Tonio. What's wrong?" Luisa asked, Antonio didn't replied. Pepa and Ines notices Antonio and Pepa walks down to her son and comforts him.

"Antonio, what's wrong?" She asked, Antonio replies "Do you really think he mean it?" They all were confused, but then they know about Leba's outburst. "You mean, your primo Leba?" Pepa asked as Antonio slightly nod. "Look, your Primo just has a bad day. And this gift ceremony is just bought him and your Prima Mirabel some sad and bad memories," Tio Felix comforts him, Luisa nod "Yeah, I know that day."