Chapter 17: Because of you

After the three were resting of having a good time, "You two are bad influence," Isabela giggle as Leba reply "Oh stop it!!" they laugh in joy until suddenly,

"What is going on??"  A voice shouted in the air,

They look up to see Abuela coming from the town, Mirabel tries to explain it to her "Abuela! It's It's going to okay! Everything's - We're going to save the miracle! The Magic-" But Abuela interrupts her, "What are you talking about? Look at our home! Look at your sister." She exclaimed as Mirabel tries to defend for Isabela, "Please, Just- Isabela wasn't happy and-" 

"Of course, she wasn't happy. You RUINED her proposal!" Abuela accused her as Mirabel shook her head, "No no! She needed me to ruin her proposal and we did all this!And the candle burn brighter and the crackles", "Plus she doesn't even like him." Leba added. Abuela began to grow upset as she tries to say, "Mirabel,"  "That's why I'm in the vision! I'm saving the Miracle!" Mirabel happily exclaimed 

Then suddenly,

'SLAP!!!'

Leba was  in shock to see Abuela slap Mirabel on the face which causes her to fall down and makes her glasses to fall out and crackle broken, Mirabel was stunned as she feels the sting of the red marking. 

"You have to STOP Mirabel!!" She yelled at Mirabel as she look hurtful, Abuela started to pointed at Mirabel shakily, "The crackles started with you. Bruno left because of YOU. Your brother Leba lie because of YOU, Luisa losing her powers Isabela is out of control, because of YOU! I don't know why you were given a gift, but it is no excuse for YOU to hurt THIS family!!" 

The words has strike through Mirabel's chest as she felt hurtful the crackles started to reappear as well the Casita started to shake, Julieta and Agustin and Ines came from the front door. Julieta notices Mirabel on the ground and notices her face and its red marking, shocking to see what has happen. Leba, in the other hand was not shock for a while but he grew angry as he gripping his hands and grid his teethes. Then he spoke, 

"I didn't lie because Mirabel...." He walks besides her as he continues saying, "I lied because of YOU." Abuela was confused as she ask him, "Leba, what are you saying?" Leba glare cat his grandmother as he angrily replies, "Even I didn't lie of my gift, I was afraid..", "Afraid of what?" Abuela asked,

"Afraid that he'll never be good enough for you, will he? Or I? No matter how hard I try." Mirabel said whimpering as she gets up, then she looks over to Isabela and Luisa who looks feeling bad of themselves, and then she realizes what it's all about. "No matter how any of us had tried," She said as she pointed it out to Luisa and Isabela and explain, "Luisa will never be strong enough, Isabela won't be perfect enough! Bruno left this family because you and Tia Pepa only saw the worst in him." 

Pepa was shock by this exclamation, but Abuela shook her head "Bruno didn't care about this family!" Ines was upset by Abuela exclaim as Leba lend out a talkback, "Don't you EVER talk bad about Bruno, he LOVES this family, Mirabel  LOVES this family. We ALL love this family! But you're the one who doesn't even care!!"  

Outside of the Casita, where the village is. Annie and her family were walking through the streets til they notices the cloudy sky as they shock to see a big crackle in front of them. Annie look up and sees that it's coming from the Madriga's house; realizing that something going to happen badly as  she began running towards the Casita despite her parent's calling. 

Inside, more crackles started to appear everywhere as Mirabel lash out at Abuela "You're the one who's breaking our home!" Abuela was upset and angry as she held up her hand and was about slap her again, "Don't you ever...." But Mirabel exclaimed "The Miracle is dying because YOU!", "AND IF ABUELO WAS HERE, HE'LL VERY DISAPPOINTED AT YOU!!" Leba added exclaimed, Abuela stops as she was shock to hear it that she was speechless to say anything.