Chapter 13: Tio Bruno

Mirabel went upstairs as she follow the rats, when she turns around the corner she sees that the rats are gone.  She look everywhere until a rat past by with the visions shard and it heads towards the wall where the portrait of a flower vase. Then it jumps into like a opening, Mirabel walk there to examine it and when she slightly touch it, the Portrait titled open like a door.

She pull the edge of the portrait and it reveal to be an open hallow passway, she enters through and close the  portrait back to it was before. When she was inside, she find a wallow wall which are the walls of the room and she also see Cracks on it and it still spreading. Then she was startled by the rat as it ran towards the darkness. She can see the glowing shard as it stops, then it suddenly rise up as thunder flash revealing a hooded man whose holding the rat with the shard.

Then another flash of thunder, shows the man staring at Mirabel which she recognizes his face. 

It was Bruno Madrigal, Mirabel and Leba's uncle and brother of Julieta and Pepa. After the lighting flash dies down, an another one flash showing that he's gone. Mirabel went after him and she can see him running as she follow him.

She follow as he past through more hallways which more cracks appear on it, inside of one of the walls is Tia Papa's room where she has a cloud on stress after learning the magic dying, and the vision of the name that 'they do NOT speak of.' Camilo, whose in the room with is making coffee to calm her down. "It's okay Mami, deep breathes in, deep breathes out, deep breathes in...." He said as about to give her the cup of coffee, Then Mirabel whose inside the wall slam against it as it scared Pepa in which she causes a lighting to zap on Camilo as he hit the table which cause the coffee pot to spill on the lower bottom  of Camilo in which he shape-shift into Madrigal members as he scream in pain.

Mirabel chase Bruno as she cried out, "Stop!! Stop!!" But Tio Bruno didn't listen as he jumps from over chasm by jumping to side by side. Mirabel stops as she sees the chasm so deep and width thinking that it's impossible to jump. But she can sees Bruno getting away, she gather all of her courage and taken deep breathes as she repeated Bruno's jumping as she's able make on the other edge of the Chasm as she's about to resume running. Then suddenly the plank that she stood on, began to break and she falls into a Chasm. But she manages to grab a piece of plank to hold on, but she can see that her hand is beginning to slip slowly.

"No! No! Help!!" She cried out as she tries to call out for help. "Casita!? Casita!? Help! Help me!!" But there was no responses as she watch in fear when her fingers can no longer hold on the plank. But before she fall into the darkness, something grab her hand as she look up to see Tio Bruno holding her hand as he was gasping. Mirabel was surprises to see his face, She heard everyone that Bruno is a black sheep to the family and was resented by Pepa as she blame him for ruing her wedding day.

The two both stare at each other for a moment, then he left her as he said, "Bye!" 

Mirabel was confused,"What? No- Hold on!" She went after him as they past through the hallways, "Why was I in your vision? What does it mean? Is it why you come back?"  She ask Tio Bruno new questions as he was knocking  on the wall.

"Knock knock knock knock knock!! Pfffft!!! You were never to supposed to see that vision, no one was....." Bruno said as he grab a pinch of salt  and throw behind; in which it hits Mirabel's face.

"A little salt."

"Blah!"

"Granite!"

"Pfft!!"

Then Mirabel notices the walls and floors were cover and patch up  on some of crackles from bottom to top, she was surprises. "Wait, have you been here patching the cracks? Bruno stopped and looked at the cracks as he shook his head. "Oh, that? No, no I'm too scared to go near those things. All of that patching was done by Hernando." Mirabel took her eyes off Bruno as she looked at the patches  and when she took her eyes back to Bruno and finds himself cover his hood; only leaving his mouth in the opening.