Chapter XII - Arrival

Start from the beginning

"For the love of-, CAN WE QUIT IT WITH THE KICKING!?" I exclaimed as I shot back up and swiped her leg away with my arm, causing her to stumble backwards ever so slightly after accidentally leaving her lightsaber under mine. Olee looked up at me with a proud smile.

"Atta boy. Now you're starting to catch on." She said. She extended her hand and reached out to grab her lightsaber with the force but I quickly stomped my foot over it. Olee stood up straight and crossed her arms with a confident smile over her. I raised my head, and a few seconds later my eyebrows followed.

"Wait" I said. Something didn't feel right. "... Why do I sense you're having fun right now..." I felt a tingling feeling in my spine, just that anxious feeling when you know for sure that you're being watched by someone you can't see. I felt a hint of danger through the flow of the force and turned around just in time to hear the lightsaber of the intruder ignite.

"WOAH!" I exclaimed and brought my lightsaber over my head to block the green blade that had swung towards my face. "When did you get here?!" I asked, very surprised.

"Hm. Surprise." Ahsoka said, looking down on me with a grin as she pushed her saber against mine. My eyes widened and I looked from her face down to her foot which swept across the floor towards my knee.

"Wha- Stop it!" I exclaimed as I kicked her foot away and shoved her off before getting into combat position with both of my lightsabers. She slid back a bit but Instead of getting into position too, Ahsoka deactivated her lightsaber and placed her hands on her hips and looked at me with a calm face. I relaxed a little.

"Impressive." She said, "You're getting better. Slowly, but surely." I let down my guard and smiled a bit from her compliment. "I really thought you wouldn't have been able to sense me." she said.

"As did I." Olee said from behind me.

"Um, how long have you been watching?" I asked.

"A few minutes. By the way, I don't see any of those archive entries being studied." She said and looked at both Olee and I. I suddenly remembered those archive entries that Olee and I focused on for a few minutes before getting bored.

"Well that's, um." I started

"We got bored." Olee said.

"Bored? That's all you have to say?" Ahsoka asked, a bit cynically.

"When Master Chatak has to make do with a pupil like him, she reaches a point where she just tries to find something to pass the time. This here's a crash course." Olee said.

"Crash course huh?" Ahsoka said.

"It's working out, I guess. Kind of." I said.

"Hey, it's better than nothing." Olee said.

"Let's find out if that's true." Ahsoka said, and ignited her lightsaber again. I winced as I looked at her get into combat position and point her lightsaber at me. She stared at me for a few seconds before she started slowly circling around me. "Show me whatcha got."

"Um, are you sure?" I asked.

"You scared?" She asked

"Uhhh..." I looked at Olee for help. Unlike myself, Ahsoka had faced that same creepy bald woman several times before, and flipping survived unscathed. Now I like to think of myself as bold but... no.

"What are you looking at me for?" Olee said, "Let's spice it up a little."

"Huh??" I exclaimed

"Come on (Y/n)!" Ahsoka said, grabbing back my attention, "Where's your motivation?"