Part 24

(Y/N) was looking around her bedroom, "This might be a little awkward, Diluc, but please take off your clothes."

"Uhm..." Diluc squinted a bit, "No."

She sighed and nodded a bit, "Fair..."

She grabbed a cloak and asked him to put it on. She sat down on her bed and tapped the spot next to her. "Sit here, next to me! And... Tell me about you and Master Jean's past relationship."

It wasn't exactly what happened that day, but their topic of conversation was probably not appropriate enough to being up in these circumstances.

Diluc furrowed his eyebrows, "I told you about that!? Why would I tell that to anyone? I just can't believe I trust you this much."

(Y/N) held his hand, "It's okay... Just... Talk."

Diluc slowly pulled his hand back and (Y/N) apologized upon realizing her instinctive action.

"Well. Jean and I were very happy together. But since the incident, which I'm sure you know of, I turned a bit cold  towards her and things quickly became awkward. Even to this day." He gulped a bit. "I do feel a little apologetic."

"Would you ever date Master Jean again?"

"Wow... Okay. That was a little straightforward. I wouldn't. In any world. Acting grandmaster of the knights? No, thank you." He chuckled a bit. "Why am I wearing this cloak?"

(Y/N) smiled, "You wore it once. And you were sitting right here. All wet. With no clothes on." She laughed, remembering.

"Wait what"

(Y/N) looked at him and chuckled nervously, "Sorry. Some context would probably do you good. But I think it's funnier without any!" She laughed a little.

Diluc laughed, "Fine, then... Be that way! You'll see what I'll do to you once I remember who you are."

(Y/N) laughed more. Diluc's threats are laughable. "Oh, Diluc... Your threats are dull as ever!"

"What do you know? Who knows what I might do?" He teased a little.

(Y/N) shook her head and laughed. "I'm not going to be scared for a second!" She said and slightly pushed him.

Diluc smiled and looked at her, clearly amused.

(Y/N) had a wide grin and looked back at him. Her smile slowly faded. She gulped and sat up normally again, removing his cloak. "That's enough for this memory..."

"(Y/N)? What's the matter?" Asked Diluc who helped her remove it.

"Nothing... Nothing... It's just... For a second there... I really felt like I got you back. But... You're not him."

Diluc furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her. "Maybe not... But... I can see why I'm so close to you. Maybe you have this... Natural charm. A really pleasant one, might I add. Your smile... It's contagious. I feel like--" He suddenly stopped and looked down. He looked back at her, "How inappropriate of me. I let myself wander. Please forget that."

Meanwhile, (Y/N) was touched. She was floating on air right now. "D-Diluc... You never said that stuff to me before..." she smiled a bit.

"Right. It's incredibly unlike me, I can see why I didn't. I got a bit too... Intimate there."

"Diluc..." (Y/N) sighed. She felt like she had to tell him. She couldn't just leave things like this. "Diluc, you and I were more than friends."

"Were we?" He asked. "How do you mean?"

"I don't want to shock you... But we were together. We... Did a lot of romantic things together..."

"Romantic things? Y-You don't mean..."

Diluc seemed very shocked. As if they were talking about some scandalous unknown man. Diluc couldn't believe it for a second.

"Am I being manipulated?"

"No, no! I'm serious..." She said and glanced at the bouquet of windwheel aster in the corner. "I wouldn't do something like that..."

Diluc bit his lip and looked around, "It's too much to take in. I'm sorry." He stood up, "I'll need some time to think this over."

"Wait! Diluc!?" (Y/N) was taken by surprise when he suddenly got up and left without saying another word.