Part 17

"Really?" Diluc questioned, hesitantly. "Is it not a bit... Early.. For that?" He asked as he slowly turned pinker at the cheeks. "But if you really want to, I guess I have no problem with that..."

"Early?" Repeated (Y/N), "It's 12:14!" She said as she checked Diluc's watch.

"Wait, what?" Diluc snapped out of his awkward daze, "What are you talking about?"

"What are you talking about!?" (Y/N) retorted, suddenly blushing like crazy. "Wait, you thought I meant--"

Diluc covered his mouth as he became flushed from embarrassment, "Lord Barbatos! Please- Forget everything I said!" He threw his hands up, as if to stop (Y/N) from further speaking.

She couldn't help it. Seeing Diluc so embarrassed over something even more embarrassing... She suddenly bursted out in a fit of laughter, holding her stomach.

"Hey... Enough of that! I'm sorry!" Diluc said worriedly, "W-What's so funny about that!?"

(Y/N) slowly ran out of laugh juice and kissed Diluc's cheek, "You're real funny, Ragnvindr.... I just... Didn't want to spend the night alone..."

Diluc nodded, "I get it... We can spend the night at the manor. You're my special guest." He smiled at her.

(Y/N) smiled back. She stared at him a bit.

"Should we go, then?" Asked Diluc as he closed the cabinets behind him and hung the towel. He walked around the counter and went over to her. "I'll take you home first so that you can grab something to wear..."

(Y/N) nodded. "Sure..."

...

Diluc infamously let his hair down. (Y/N) couldn't help but sigh dreamily at that. She could never get used to it...

Diluc climbed onto the bed next to her after changing into his nightwear. He sat shoulder to shoulder with her and turned his head to see her. "How are you?"

(Y/N) looked at him. She blushed, "Hm? Well... I couldn't be better, honestly! I'm so happy to just be here with you right now." She chuckled softly.

Diluc smiled.

The air was quiet. There were no sounds around the two whatsoever except for the trees rustling softly right outside the open window. The night breeze was hitting their skin just right. There could not be a better moment to be in right now. Who thought Diluc would end up with one of his former maids in such a situation? To have kissed her soft lips or to long for the feeling of her warm embrace. It was unlikely, yet a miracle happened. He could not be more greatful.

"I'm happy." He said, finally. He brushed some of her hair out of her face. "I'm happy that you're happy. But mostly, I'm just happy that I have you all to myself." He said before leaning in to give her a soft kiss on her lips.

He was mostly taking advantage of the moment. He couldn't believe he was able to just... Do that to her. He felt like the most powerful person on earth. He had the world in the palm of his hands because he had (Y/N). He wanted to do everything he could think of to her.

Everything. Use your imagination.

Carried away by his thoughts, he ended up pushing her over to the side and kissing her neck. He had one hand to support himself and the other on the back of her neck.

(Y/N) had no idea what came over him but she was not complaining in the slightest. Her cheeks were hurting from smiling too much. "D-Diluc!" She laughed.

"H-Hey! What are you doing??" She asked

Diluc looked at her after reluctantly stopping. He was all red...

"Sorry." He said shyly as he sat back up against the headboard. "I got carried away..."

(Y/N) smiled at him. She found it cute. And... Incredibly fortunate. She didn't want him to just stop. She sat up as well and kissed him on the mouth quickly. "This is all I want."

"This is all you want?" He asked. "Are you sure? Out of... Anything in the world... I can give it to you, I promise."

(Y/N) hugged him and dug her nose into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her and did the same. He just listened.

"You're all I could ever ask for... Diluc..."

"I love you, (Y/N). So much that... It hurts."

"I love you."