Part 9

(A/N, please ignore the unholy amount of spelling errors, I'm usually too lazy to proofread </3)

2 years later... (yes)

Finally, Mondstadt is back to it's beautiful self. Especially considering the honorary knight has joined and has helped return Mondstadt to its original state. Diluc was a little worn out from helping around, so it was nice to finally relax.

He was sitting  alone on a cliff, where he had a perfect view of the Dawn Winery. He was calm and at peace, although some things were definitely itching the back of his mind. He ignored everything and tried to focus on the positive, although it was awfully hard these days. Everything he said came out coldly and he always turned his back on people.

Lost in thought, he was interrupted by a familiar hero.

"Master Diluc?" Called out Lumine, who has collecting some flowers.

Startled, Diluc turned his back to face her, "Miss Honorary knight..."

From behind her, emerged a little fairy who looked at Diluc closely, "You seem sad!"

Diluc looked down and cleared his throat before getting up and wiping off his clothes, "No. I'm quite alright." He said in a tone that may come off as annoyed.

"What's on your mind?" Asked the traveller, with her hands behind her back.

Diluc inhaled and exhaled deeply as he walked away from them, "Nobody. Please don't find yourself worrying about this situation. G-Goodbye..."

Paimon shrugged, "Geez... Diluc is totally weird! I wonder who rained on his parade..."

Lumine giggled as she watched him walk off, "What's new?" She said before looking out at Mondstadt, "Well... Let's continue on our way..."

Paimon smiled and twirled through the air, "To Liyue Harbour we go!" She said as the two of them left.

One week later, in Liyue Harbour

The nights in Liyue were far more different than the Mondstadt nights. The nights were calm and quiet, the only thing you could hear was the water at the harbour, and the roads were lit up with lanterns. To (Y/N), the nights in Mondstadt were alert but sweet. The guards were more approachable than the millelith, but you could feel their watch over Mondstadt even as you slept.

(Y/N) was walking the calm Liyue roads, hand-in-hand with a little girl she'd known for a while now. She gave the child a sweet smile as the girl looked at her.

They soon made it to a house where (Y/N) let go of the child's hand and opened the door, "Did you have fun today?" She asked kindly.

"Yeah!!" The child jumped up and down as she waited for the door to open.

"I can't believe it's our last day together!" (Y/N) said as she walked the girl into the house and prepared some pajamas for her.

"Why did mommy have to get a night time job... I'm gonna miss you, (Y/N)!" She hugged (Y/N)

(Y/N) smiled softly and stroked her hair, "Don't worry, I'll visit you!" She said and picked her up to put her on the bed, "Let's get you changed now..."

After (Y/N) finished looking after the child, she was walking back to the inn. While she walked, she passed by some people she'd never seen. A beautiful blonde girl and a floating fairy. While distracted by the floating child, she couldn't help but hear some of their conversation.

"I'm gonna miss Mondstadt... We made so many friends!" Whined Paimon as she floated slowly.

"Don't worry, Paimon, we'll see them again!" Lumine assured her

"I know I'm not gonna miss that tone-deaf bard! He was a total lunatic!" Paimon stomped in the air

Lumine giggled, "Venti... Well- It looks like we left while Diluc was having a moment! Hope's he's doing okay now..."

(Y/N) was shocked to hear Diluc's name. She shouldn't have been, though, since he was a celebrity. It's just been 2 years since she's heard or done anything that had to do with Diluc. Hearing a mention of him upset her a little.

"Diluc?" Repeated (Y/N), louder than she intended to. She quickly turned to the traveller and Paimon, "Uh-"

Paimon looked at her, "Who are you?? What do you know about Diluc?"

Lumine grabbed Paimon by the leg and shook her head, "Sorry. Shush, Paimon!"

"But she said Diluc! What if she's after him?? You leave Diluc alone, odd stranger!" Said Paimon

"Quiet down, people might be sleeping!" Lumine sighed and looked at (Y/N). "My name is Lumine, and this is Paimon! She's a bit... Annoying at time... Sorry about that."

"Hey!!" Paimon stomped her foot in the air.

"Um..." (Y/N) was a bit confused but shook it off. She smiled a bit, "My name is (Y/N)!" She said and shook Lumine's hand.

"That doesn't sound like a Liyue name to me... Are you from here?" Asked Lumine.

"Oh, no, I'm from Mondstadt!" Said (Y/N) awkwardly as she rubbed her arm. 

"So THAT'S how you know Diluc! Why were you eavesdropping!?" Asked Paimon, with her arms crossed.

"I'm sorry about that... I just..." (Y/N) sighed, "I used to be a close friend of Diluc's, but I had to leave Mondstadt for some reasons... S-Speaking of which- Have you guys ever heard of a woman named Kristin?" Asked (Y/N) hesitantly.

"Uh...." Paimon looked at Lumine then back at (Y/N), "Nope!"

(Y/N) looked down, "I see..."

"Hey," Paimon started, "If you're such a close friend to Diluc then how come we've never heard of you? We're his friends, too!"

(Y/N) looked around a little with her eyes then looked at Paimon, "I don't know..."

Lumine looked at (Y/N), "You haven't spoken to him since you left? Maybe you should go visit Mondstadt! I don't know if you've heard of the whole Stormterror thing, but it's over now! Maybe he'd want to see you! It seemed like he was going through tough times when we saw him last!" she suggested.

(Y/N) didn't see any reason why not to go back, especially since this traveller had never heard of her sister. She figured it was safe to return, so she quickly made plans in her mind to return at dawn, without considering anything else.

"That's... Not a bad idea..." She said quietly.