Part 8

The sun was finally up. The birds were singing their usual songs. The sun shone intensely through the open window, which was letting in a cool summer breeze. The sun hitting (Y/N)'s face must have been the primary reason for her wake. 

She slowly woken and sat up straight, almost completely forgetting the events that had taken place before she eventually fell asleep the last night. As she looked around to register her surroundings, she quickly remembered she was in Diluc's regular bed, which quickly fluttered her heart. She looked to the side of the bed where Diluc had fallen asleep, which was empty and tidied up. She noticed a letter he must have left for her and delicately picked it up. 

The leader read:

Good morning my dear (Y/N).

By the time you wake, it must be around 8 in the morning. Please do not feel alarmed or uncomfortable that I've left you alone. I would have been delighted to stay by your side as you woke up. Unfortunately however, something has come up.

I leave you at dawn to fill in for Charles at the tavern. It is not going to be long. By the time you read this letter, I ought to be nearing the end of the shift. 

Have the goodness to find me once you doll yourself up. Please take your time, for if you appear to be delayed, I will perchance meet you on the usual route on my way back. 

Do not worry about our last conversation. I don't want you to distress over preparations and such, so I saw to it that some of my maids go to your house and elegantly load some cases for you to take with you. Don't worry, though, they have left you an outfit in my top drawer. 

I have called for a carriage to take you to Liyue Harbour , where I've personally payed for a place in one of the finest inns they offer, specifically for you. You will be guided once you arrive and will be presented with various job offers, as well as some mora on hand to help you settle. Your room is furnished and includes full cupboards. I do not want you to have to any work to plan this, as it is not by choice and you do not deserve it.

Please meet me for your carriage departs at noon, and I wanted to have a bit of an outing with you before we part.

With much love,

Diluc Ragnvindr.

...

Reading his letter, (Y/N) was brought to tears. She had forgotten how upset she was over this situation. However, she couldn't help but smile at his efforts and kind gestures. She could see a change in Diluc from when they'd first met, yet she had to leave before his emotions could further develop.

...

(Y/N) opened the door to the tavern. She was not wearing her usual work uniform this  time, rather some shorts, a puffy white shirt and a corset to tie it all together. She quickly noticed Diluc, concentrated in his work. He was pouring some wine for aa customer, before he saw (Y/N) smiling at him from the door. 

Flustered, Diluc lost all concentration and the cup started to overflow and spill all over the counter.

"H-Hey!! Master Diluc!?" Said the customer, frantically, to get Diluc's attention.

Diluc quickly stopped and replaced his drink, then wiping the counter with a wet towel, "I-I apologize! Seems I was distracted..."

The customer left Diluc some mora and took his drink before leaving to sit at a table. 

(Y/N) approached him and took the towel from him, "Let me get that for you..."  she said as she began wiping the countertop and smiled at him.

Diluc was now a light shade of pink as he had a surprised expression on his face and picked up the mora, "Miss (Y/N)!"

"One 'Love Poem', please." She said as she sat on a barstool.

Diluc quickly began preparing the drink for her, "Right away... This'll be the last drink I make today."

He slid the drink to her as he leaned on the counter, "On me, I insist."

(Y/N) smiled softly as she admired the hot beverage, "Thank you."

Diluc looked down at her outfit for a few seconds before looking back at her, "I don't believe I've properly seen you out of uniform like this... Um- You do look quite lovely."

"Ah... You think so?" She blushed a little as she looked at him. He nodded in reply.

Later, at Good Hunter

"Do you usually eat here?" Asked Diluc as he walked (Y/N) to the stand. "Let's enjoy our meals outside, the weather is nice today."

(Y/N) nodded, "Of course." She said, before Sara spoke.

"Welcome to Good Hunter, Master Diluc and..." 

"(Y/N)!" Said (Y/N) politely, perked up and standing on her toes for a second.

"Welcome, (Y/N)! What can I get for you two today?" Asked Sara kindly.

Diluc placed some mora on the platform before him and looked at Sara, "I'll have a 'Pile 'em up', please. And some grape juice."

"Ah- At this early hour?" Asked Sara as she accepted his money. Diluc awkwardly nodded.

(Y/N) stepped up and put some mora in Sara's open hand, "Uh! Just some fisherman's toast?"

Starsnatch cliff

(Y/N) and Diluc were sitting at the edge of the cliff, admiring the view. The breeze was nicer up there and the wind brushed through their hair.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, taking everything in.

(Y/N) finally looked at him, "Diluc? I-I have to ask... Why did you do all of this for me? I'm nothing but your maid... You have plenty, don't you? Many of your maids leave..." She asked quietly

Diluc admired her face for a little as she spoke. He opened his mouth to speak, but it was as if his words were delayed, "You're different."

"I am?" She asked as she looked at the view again

"You're... More than just a maid. I think of you more as... A dear friend to me. The other maids seemed to care about the pay, or the reputation... To me, it seemed like you actually cared more about me than the winery." He spoke softly as his attention remained on her.

(Y/N) blushed. What he said was true, especially since she's had similar conversations with the maids. She slowly nodded, "Yeah... That would be correct..."

Diluc looked out into the distance and didn't speak for a few long seconds. "I think your ride should be here."

He seemed to be changing the subject considering it would be painful for him to stay on this topic any longer. (Y/N) could feel it, but she didn't want to say anything. She silently nodded and stood up.

Diluc had walked her to her carriage, where there were some maids with her luggage, loading them into the cart. He looked at her with a heavy heart. He didn't want to leave her but he wanted nothing more than her safety. 

He held her hand to help her up into the carriage, but his gaze never left hers. 

Diluc slowly backed away as the maids prepared to shut the door, before (Y/N) suddenly jumped down and ran to him, "Wait!"

Diluc was taken by surprise when (Y/N) suddenly got on the tip of her feet and planted a kiss on Diluc's mouth, turning him completely red.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered as (Y/N) backed away from him with a sad look before turning and running into the carriage.

The maids watched with shocked looks. Once the horses started to leave, they quickly began whispering to each other. 

Diluc stood in silence. In a moment, (Y/N) was gone and he was alone yet again.