Part 10

The next morning was surprisingly rainy, considering the night sky showed no signs of future precipitation. Every time (Y/N) thought about going back to Mondstadt, her heart skipped a beat. She was extremely nervous, yet excited to be going back home after 2 years that she spent mostly alone. 

By this point, she had bitter feelings towards Diluc. She hadn't seen him for 2 years and was upset that he'd suddenly stopped sending her letter after a few weeks. And she was especially upset about the fact that he hadn't come for her after 2 years. She wondered if it was a way for him to get rid of her. She did want to see him again, either way. 

The thought of him still angered her a little.

The one thing she was hoping, though, was that he didn't get a haircut. She would kill him.

(Y/N) was rummaging through her drawers to find any type of Mondstadt-appropriate attire, before finding something similar to what she wore on her last morning there.

After putting on the outfit, she decided to cut her hair shorter. She kept it neat these past 2 years, but it grew a little longer than it was when she left. She wanted a change, anyway. At the chance to go back to Mondstadt, she quickly threw everything she had in Liyue away.

After packing her bags, she finally set off for Mondstadt.

"To Mondstadt.... After... 2 Years." She took a deep breath and walked out the door, with her umbrella and bag.

After her travel...

The skies were clear on the morning (Y/N) arrived at Mondstadt. The trip lasted her 3 nights, but luckily she found some people to travel with along the way. Their destination was beyond the city, however, so they continued on their way.

(Y/N) was at the gates, where she was greeted by Swan and Lawrence, who were looking better than ever. She used to see them frequently when she was with Diluc. She smiled at the men as they welcomed her back.

(Y/N) looked around at everything once she entered the city, but nothing much changed. She looked down a road and decided to check out Angel's Share. She figured she might get some information on Diluc's whereabouts from there.

She put her things on the floor by the tavern door and took a deep breath before reaching for the door handle.

Suddenly, she felt a shadow over her shoulder and a cold presence.

"Out of the way, please. Didn't you see the sign? We're closed, can't you tell?" Said a familiar voice, with a long sigh.

"D-Diluc..?" Said (Y/N) as she slowly turned to the tall figure.

Diluc's eyes widened as he froze for a few long seconds.

"Impossible..." He said in a breath as he put his hand on his head. "T-This can't be..."

(Y/N) examined almost every inch of his body in as fast as a blink. "It's really you!"

"(Y/N)..." Said Diluc as if he'd just cursed. "We thought you were--"

Diluc still had a shaken look, and it didn't look like he'd snap out of his daze any time soon.

Oddly, though, he did.

"Oh, who cares... I-I'm so surprised to finally see you after all this time..." He said before going in for a hug.

(Y/N) hugged him, "I'm... So happy..." She said as she teared up with him, before quickly stepping back and slapping him fresh across the face, leaving him and everyone around him shocked and confused as the boy's cheek went red. "What's your problem!?" Said (Y/N) suddenly as the tears came quicker.