𝖎𝖝. the cliffside

Start from the beginning

"Hello to my two favorite fourth years! Have you all placed bets on who'll get in?"

Emrys shook his head "No, but Circe has placed some on who won't. She's convinced the Weasley twins will try and pass the age line to put their names in. Rightfully so, might I add."

"They've been acting suspicious all day and I saw Este sneaking around the grounds!"

Cedric nodded along "You'd be dense not to bet on them. If there is anyone in Hogwarts doing something stupid, it's usually one of them." 

Circe and Emrys sat down next to Ced's group of seventh-year friends but kept to themselves. It wasn't that they didn't enjoy the company of the other seventh years but neither knew any of them quite like Cedric, who'd taken Circe under his wing when she had first come to Hogwarts and had grown close to Emrys as well.

"Oh look, there they go now." Circe grinned, as she knew what was coming. 

Fred and George Weasley had just cockily walked into the Great Hall with matching smirks painted across their face. Circe had to stifle a laugh, knowing how their arrogance would undoubtedly backfire on them in a few moments. 

The twins walked right up to the edge of the line and stood there, rocking on their toes like divers preparing for a fifty-foot drop. Then, with the eyes of every person in the entrance hall upon him, the pair took a great breath and stepped over the line.

For a split second Circe thought it had worked — They both certainly thought so, for they let out a yell of triumph and leaped after Kat, who was cheering — but the next moment, there was a loud sizzling sound, and both twins were hurled out of the golden circle as though they had been thrown by an invisible shot-putter. They landed painfully, ten feet away on the cold stone floor, and to add insult to injury, there was a loud popping noise, and both of them sprouted identical long white beards.

The entrance hall rang with laughter. Even Fred and George joined in, once they had gotten to their feet and taken a good look at each other's beards. Este and Kat were holding onto each other as they both almost fell over with laughter. 

"I did warn you," said a deep, amused voice, and everyone turned to see Professor Dumbledore coming out of the corridor and into the hall. He surveyed Fred and George, his eyes twinkling. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours. And Miss. Scamander, Shafiq, I do hope that this encourages you to avoid any further schemes like this in the future. " He shot the two a wink as Fred and George set off for the hospital wing, accompanied by Lee, who was howling with laughter.

 The feast had only just begun, but hardly anyone could sit still with all of the bubbling anticipations for the tournament. They all felt as though they were teetering on the edge of something both dangerous and thrilling, despite most having not entered. 

Harry had been attempting to busy himself with mundane tasks he needed to get done (Like going to visit and help Hagrid with his Blast-Ended Skrewts, to make up for not taking care of magical creatures) throughout the day, but his mind kept leading him back to the night before with Circe Black. Soon he was at dinner trying to pay attention to Ron's animated story but her shiny golden eyes and bright cherubic cheeks stayed imprinted in his psyche like a tattoo. She fascinated him, likely due to his curiosity regarding Sirius's past. She seemed like the key answer to his questions. Except for the fact that she likely knew much less about him, than Harry did. Despite the blood relation, Sirius had made little to know references to his mysterious brother. Which, of course, only antagonized Harry more. He desperately needed to know more. Lack of knowledge was a lack of power and Harry felt utterly helpless, knowing nothing about his parents and their past other than the short conversations he's had with Sirius and insults Petunia hurled at him over the years about his witch mother.