Chapter 30

"YOU'RE seriously asking me…?"

Her lips quiver. Naduduling na siya dahil magkadikit na ang mga noo nila ni Light, his eyes were playful, she cannot grasped if he's serious or not. Although, her heart, was pounding harshly inside her chest.

Bahagya siyang nagulat nang pagsiklopin ni Light ang mga kamay nila.

"I am… serious," he whispered in between their parted lips.

Vyrlle hardly gulped and rolled her tongue over her dry lips after.

"Layo ka muna sa akin, please?" She pleaded, malalagutan siya ng hininga sa sobrang lapit nilang dalawa. "Hindi ka ba nangangalay? Kanina ka pa nakayuko." Kunwari ay singhal niya rito.

Light chuckled and stood up straight, and then he rested his right hand on his waist, making him look like some sort of a model. Lalo na at bukas ang unang tatlong butones ng suot na long sleeve button shirt nito, his lips were chopped, but still managed to look freaking kissable.

"I love how your face turns red," he chuckled as his thumb caressed her cheek.

"Stop!" Bawal niya rito at pabiro na tinampal ang kamay nito.

Huminga si Vyrlle nang malalim at marahan na tinapik tapik ang dibdib niya, hoping it will helped to calm her heart, masyado kasi nitong pinapahalata na patay na patay ito sa lalaking nasa harapan niya at siyang siya sa nakikita nito.

Light clicked his tongue and leaned forward to see her face clearly. Vyrlle can't help herself but to roll her eyes, pabagsak niya na isinandal ang likod sa swivel chair.

"The hell, you surprised me…" gigil na sabi niya kay Light. And the brute just chuckled at her. Even the sound of his laugh was sexy as hell!

"Well, I was about to ask you… kanina? Kaso, hawak ni little Luca ang phone." He explained. "It was a good thing though. I realised that it was inappropriate to ask you to date me via call." Dagdag pa nito.

"Ah, so pinili mo na gulatin ako?" She smiled sarcastically at him.

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay nito. Umawang ang mga labi niya ng dahan dahan ito na lumuhod sa harapan niya. Both knees. His hands found hers once again and gently held them.

"Originally, gusto kitang sorpresahin. With balloons, cake, flowers, and such… And I remember that it was you, Vyrlle. You love simple things. Ayaw mo na may handa. Basta taos sa puso, sapat na sayo 'yon. And so, I am here, kneeling in front of you… Asking you for the second time. Can I be your boyfriend? Can I be that man who will share your future with?" Light softly asked him.

Hindi namalayan ni Vyrlle na umiiyak na pala siya kung hindi lang pinunasan ni Light ang pisngi niya. Nanuyo ang lalamunan niya. She wanted to shout her sweet 'yes' but couldn't find her voice. She can only nod her head as her eyes poured out how happy she was as of the moment.

"It's a yes??" Light asked, flashing his wide smile.

Sunod sunod na tumango si Vyrlle. Of course, it's a yes!

"I can be that man?" Paglilinaw pa nito sa kanya.

Vyrlle cupped his face and leaned closer to him. She closed her eyes as she silently thanked the creator above for blessing him with a man she dreamt of. Truly, hindi porket hindi sinagot agad ni God, hindi na niya ibibigay sayo. There's always a perfect time for the biggest blessing that you always prayed for.

"You can… Ikaw lang naman ang hiniling ko na makasama ko, ikaw lang…" Vyrlle finally found her voice.

"Sunshine…" Light uttered and looked at her, his eyes that used to look at someone tenderly, were now finally looking at her… lovingly. "I feel like my heart is going to explode," natatawa nitong bulong.